Forums > Social Discussion > Canada a terrorist hotbed!!!

Login/Join to Participate

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:

News from the wonderful exporters of 'freedom' and 'democracy': Canadians have too many rights! The rights enshrined in the Canadian constitution, such as protection against unreasonable search and seizure, combined with a generous social welfare system have made the country into a haven of terrorists.

This is from the U.S. Library of Congress. Of course there is no evidence to substantiate it, but it might come in handy when oil wars give way to water wars and the time comes that Canadians are on the receiving end of American aggression. mad

(if anybody cares to see the source it is the report called Nations Hospitable to Organized Crime & Terrorism at https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/terrorism.html
)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Now I know it must be terrorists making noises under my bed at night!
umm

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Canadians have too many rights! The rights enshrined in the Canadian constitution, such as protection against unreasonable search and seizure, combined with a generous social welfare system have made the country into a haven of terrorists.

That's what happens when you let conservatives run anything. tongue
I find it hard to beilive they actually said/wrote that.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
yeah, i mean wouldn't it be quicker and cheaper just to lock everyone up at birth? ubbidea then there'd be no chance of letting a single terrorist get away.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
read 1984.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
tsk. you can't read a year, Døm.

Døn't yøu nøw knøthing?

Anyway, you wouldn't want to experience 1984 again.

That was the year NME voted the Smiths the best new group.

It was a dark time... frown

But anyway, yups its that whole freedom vs safety thing again.

i err on the side of freedom rather than safety usually. But it's all a matter of degree with no obvious rights and wrongs.

Hugely innacurate gross generalisation: Parents are generally far more concerned with safety rather than freedom. Hippies are generally far more concerned with freedom than safety. There are more parents than hippies.

(hippie parents are usually more concerned with stopping Jolian and Kristabelle from eating the incense.)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
ubblol

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Quote:

It was a dark time...

no - i was born. ubbangel

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
its just another reason why i have NEVER been proud to be american (and why i claim dual citizenship between US and UK

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too