• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:A BRILLIANT idea came to me as i was washing up the 105th plate today at work. It may have already been posted, and im maybe just getting a bee in my bonnet. but, and im maybe just being a total idiot......but WHAT IF sum when loadsa HOP members met up at a camp site, and spent the week camping, chillin and things, all teaching and learning off each other weavesmiley hehe......tell me if you think im being a complete idiot plz!

Delete Topic

mrFlibble
SILVER Member since Mar 2003

Ghostbuster

Total posts: 455
Posted:it would be a goooood idea if it involved bonfires and bbq's.
It's ideal if someone owns or knows someone who owns their own field somewhere in the countryside which they dont mind having people camp on and burn on. ( i do (know someone) but i dont think it would be suitable, plus its miles away from anyone )

Delete

general spin

Total posts: 52
Posted:Id go, excellent idea. Theres gotta be campsite owner out there whod be down with it, Ive come a cross a few that would be worth asking ubbrollsmile

Delete

pounce
SILVER Member since Jan 2003

pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart

Total posts: 9831
Posted:burning man, burning flipside, EJC, kent parties, etc.

but it's be kinda cool to have a HOP summer camp program ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:In the UK it's called festivals and free parties. Things like glastonbury generally have a large HoP contingient. In the meantime there's various things happening, like Joe's 3 day parties (with indoor sleeping/showers etc, much more civilised than tents). In other countries people have tried poi holidays, can't remember his name but someone was organising them in the US/canada a while back

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:It already happens.

EJC, Burningman, Poi in the Parks... Get with the program lady. smile

I have HoP slumber parties at my house all the time. In fact, last summer was my "Summer of HoP" where I crashed at UK HoPers all summer long.

But I'd say that EJC was the closest to "summer camp" I've ever been to... Camp fires, hanging out on hilltops, even making sure to save seats for your friends in the mess hall...

Yup... happens all the time... biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:I thought this was another 'gay firespinners' post.

how dissapointing tongue

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

Puk
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

Puk

Sweet talented nutter

Total posts: 2615
Posted:There was talk about a internation hop gathering but it'sstill in the water.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:Quote:
I thought this was another 'gay firespinners' post.

how dissapointing tongue

T wave

thats what i thought...... ubblol
especially when i saw you post tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

general spin

Posted:Id still go to a nice chilled out campsite affair though, I mean burning man etc are good parties n all but not the best place to focus on and learn some subtleties of poi.

Delete

wan hwo ren

wan hwo ren

Total posts: 86
Posted:Have you been to burning man general spin?

Delete

general spin

Posted:errr, no, im assuming its a lot like glastonbury though (except in a desert) educate me please smile

Delete