• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Burning the Candle....

Login/Join to Participate

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:...at both ends.It seems to be one of those sayings that seems almost inane, until you realize that you are doing it yourself. I am wretched about it. I have so many ideas and begin so many projects that I am constantly shifting between one and the other and sometimes forget where I am. I also tend to not manage my time too well, lose sleep and then there will come a day when I crash and sleep for insane amounts of time, feeling guilty when I wake up to have lost so much precious work and play time.I will say here, this only applies to things I enjoy doing. I am the queen procrastinator when it comes to household chores and such. My theory being, my idea might flutter away or it might rain tomorrow so better work on that routine/story/whatever or go out and play today, the laundry will still be there to fold tomorrow (Hence the rather large pile of clean laundry sitting in my room!
Non-Https Image Link
)So, how do you work time management? How do you find balance for all those things you love to do? How do you prioritize, if you do?Or do you really care about all that? Do you just let go and live by the seat of your pants?
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Total posts: 135
Posted:Well, whenever I have an assignment to do for uni, the time I spend on HoP increases..Strange that..back to my essay then,Tom

The Welcome Matt
Total posts: 193
Posted:I'm an RA here at SNHU in NH. I can totally relate to you... I am exactly the same way. Last night for example, I was up until 3 O'clock writing a paper for my economics course. I've known about the paper since the beginning of the semester, but yet I put it off until the last possible second. However, on occasion I do actually make myself sit down and make a list of everything I have to even if it is a very little minor thing like take a shower or something. You know that you are going to do it anyway, so you can have something to cross off your list. I also make myself keep a monthly planner.. whether it gets filled out perfectly every month is a totally different story but I try to keep all of my meetings and stuff in there just so that I don't forget. I think that there should be at least 48 hours in a single day instead of 24.. that way managing time would be so much easier...Good luck!Matt
Non-Https Image Link
------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Total posts: 184
Posted:Interesting idea... managing time...*write the idea on back of hand*now back to work!

I smell something burning.

Are we there yet?
Total posts: 1897
Posted:I've often said if I didn't procrastinate, I wouldn't get anything done at all
Non-Https Image Link

HOP admin
Total posts: 984
Posted:I certainately like to live life to the full. Burning candles at the max.I generally have heaps of things I want to do and spend sunday night before bedtime planning my whole week. As well as my weekly plan I have a daily list of jobs I have to do. I do these first before looking at anything else.A good plan is a flexible plan. Things change for me and Cherry all the time. But I slowly get the goals I set done.I remember a good story thing that goes like so... (can't remember where I saw it)Pretend that every day you are given $1000 to spend. You can spend that money on what ever you want, but at the end of the day any money you have left over is taken off you forever and you never get it back.Now I am sure you would do your utmost best to plan your day to spend as much of that money each day to bring you happieness without wasting any of it.Now back to reality. Every day we are given 24hrs to spend. We can spend those hours on what ever we want, but at the end of the day you have lost all those hours forever and you never get it back.Now I am sure we would try to do our utmost best to plan our day to spend as much of those hours each day to bring us happieness without wasting any of it.Does that make sense?

"May your balls always burn"

Total posts: 750
Non-Https Image Link
Don't they have electricity in Batavia?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut