TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A few weeks ago (5 actually) I sprained my wrist snowboarding and had to lay off spinning until it got better.I discovered yesterday that I had in fact broken it, so it's now in plaster.I thought it was quite funny that I'd been wandering around with a broken wrist for 5 weeks, until I realised that I've got at least another 6 weeks with no poi! frownI'm going to be really, really bad when I finally start spinning again (not that I was that good to start with).Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if this thread will give someone another point, so I'll leave it at that just in case smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
May be a good time to start staff if you don't already use it. smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
frownSorry to hear that BM...I would find that a bit devastating to say the least.I hope it heals quickly and that you are spinning in no time at all...C

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Practice your one handed stuff. At the end of six weeks you should be pretty good.I also agree with Bendy, staff might do you some good as well. Be creative and get well soon!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That staff idea was brilliant, I gave it a go last night and while I'm still feel fairly restricted as to what I can do with only 1 hand, it's much better than doing nothing. I've got a couple of basic spins a neck wrap sorted (although I could do a neck wrap with my kayak paddles years ago, so it wasn't too hard to pick up again), just have to link them together now smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Linking together kayak paddles? Now that sounds really dangerous... :PGet well soon man grin------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I went to the hospital yesterday and discovered that my wrist is now healed!!
It's about time really, I broke it on the 6th of January.
Anyway, it means I can start spinning with both hands again, I've just got to take it easy for a while since it's so stiff.
I can start playing my guitar and saw again too, as well as kayak again!!

I'm really hyper today, I can't wait until lunchtime when I can get out of the office and see how much staff spinning my wrist can take

[ 23 May 2002, 21:17: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
scientifical studies have proven that visualising a movement such as a sport in your mind is just as effective as real practice...in case you ever get hurt again

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Happy for you
take good care of yourself and spin on

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
Go 4 it Bov.

Ive also been in the wars involving snowboards this winter. I managed to brake my wrist 2 in January, but that wasnt gonna stop me from enjoying my season so I went out skiing instead. A couple of weeks later I managed to brake my other arm going off a kicker

I had to be sent home as I could no longer work.
I couldnt even dress myself or wipe my botty

Dont forget to bring a towel