Kellymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hey if anyone fancies a chat I am in the chat room!

See you there I hope!

Kelly

Willing to be taught....learn quick and man I am good with a whip!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
you had gone..... ubbcrying

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
listen you two are lucky, i cant even hget inthere today, im at a school taht has more tightness on its filetrs that a nun banning g-strings!

Step (el-nombrie)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*drowns under a pile of hugs*

save me SAVE ME!

Step (el-nombrie)

PheonnexxBRONZE Member
89 posts

Posted:
Meh we have stupid filterin systems down here - so far i havent been able to get past the damned thing...

Burn !

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yesh, but im an iCT geekl and the only way round this filter is to comntact RM and say, hi id like you to unblock this site, as id like to talk to my friendS! ubbtickled and i dont think they would do it!

Step (el-nombrie)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yesh, but im an iCT geekl and the only way round this filter is to comntact RM and say, hi id like you to unblock this site, as id like to talk to my friendS!

*cough*tunnel*mumble*

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
how, im on a school peer to peer network, with no reali proxy or server! how the hell do i set up a tunnel, when most of the lines out are controled, and the proxy setting even have to include a 10.*.*.* line to account for teh old network here!

Step (el-nombrie)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
when most of the lines out are controled, and the proxy setting even have to include a 10.*.*.* line to account for teh old network here!

say that again, slower this time, more detailed and using as many technical words as you want

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok the school has just been switched from an RM controled ISDN line (using an RM ISDM chace proxy) to an RM filteredBroadband line (using a staffs proxy) now in the proxy setup (cos i helped them install it) there is an exception line for 10.*.*.* to avoid the old ISDN line i belive

HOW the hell do i set up a tunnel? cos i would normaly use a site that allows me to load a webpage under its name, so ita avoids the filetrs, but the only one i know is filtered!

DAM THEM!

Step (el-nombrie)

~m~BRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
Doing my best to log on and say hi to people at the moment, but I keep being told there are too many connections so I get booted straight off as soon as I'm logged on.

*sigh*

Ah well, maybe later.

hugs,
m

"Come to the edge", he said. They said "We are afraid."
"Come to the edge", he said. They came.
He pushed them..... and they flew.
- Apollinaire

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hahahaha, I didn't even know there was a chat room!
*hits her head* I just saw the link MUPPET! ubbloco

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
:vadar:

Don't hurt me if it doesn't work, told ya I'm new to it all

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
BORING! tongue

PheonnexxBRONZE Member
89 posts

Posted:
Our school works on the same rmfilter broadband thing so yeah i would be interested to, then i would give hugs to all hug

Burn !

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I can get on fine at school! Hehe, they're all like "we find you on chat, and you don't get to use anything ever again". Nothing has happened, and I'm not really worried. We don't really use the computers, anywho tongue

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
HOW the hell do i set up a tunnel? cos i would normaly use a site that allows me to load a webpage under its name, so ita avoids the filetrs, but the only one i know is filtered!

I don't know why i'm telling you this, internet chat is a big big waste of time, id being doing you a favour by not giving you this info :P

what you describe isn't a tunnel, that's just using a web based proxy. Such things are notoriously slow, and would likely be too slow for chat anyway. Your proxy names mean nothing to me, i guess they are just RM names for things. You've told me nothing really about your network architecture, but i'm guessing you have a private netblock (such as 10/32), accessing either through a proxy, transparent proxy or without proxy (although if webpages are 'filtered' i guess that all port 80 requests are fed through a cache server). I'm also guessing that you may have a NAT router.

A tunnel is where you encapulate one connection over another. Ie you setup a tcp session to a machine, then run udp packets over it. If you've heard of VPNs, then a VPN is where you create a TCP connection to a machine on a remote network, then route all your internet traffic over it. This means that for example you can have your tunnel connection encrypted, i.e. if you are on a public computer and want to access your POP3 server at work, but don't want the network admins of the network you are on to sniff the connection, you'd set up an encrypted connection to your work and tunnel the POP3 session (which sends passwords in plaintext) over it. In order for a tunnel to work, you need to have a machine outside on the internet to act as the tunnel end point. The easiest type of tcp tunnel (which you could use for web, email, irc etc) is via ssh, which has built in support for tunneling. So, for instance in my first year of uni when i lived on campus behind a firewall, i'd make an ssh session (allowed) to a friend's unix box in London, then tunnel all my napster traffic over it (which would otherwise be firewalled). All the admins could see if they looked, would be an encrypted ssh session, which could be carrying legitimate data. If you have a firewall that say blocks all ports except 110 (for accessing POP3 servers) and want to access IRC on port 6667, then you could setup a tunnel on port 110 to your machine at home with a local port of 6667, then connect with your irc client to your local machine on 6667, which sends the data to your machine at home over port 110, which then forwards the connection onto the irc server for you. It's not rocket science. Ok, so I don't know if you can access any ports though, you could just have web only access via a proxy. This is infact what i had in mind when I wrote the Hopchat web interface, because other than for keyword filters it will work through *any* firewall which supports web traffic. Can you make ssl connections? If so, then either you have port 443 open on your firewall, or you have a cache server which accepts HTTP/1.0 CONNECT requests. SSL sessions by their very nature can't be cached/filtered, because they use public key cryptography (it could be done (quite easily), but your browser would spot it as being a man in the middle attack and would invalidate the security certificate). If you do, then you can use the cache server as a tunnel endpoint. Let me explain a simple IRC connection. Instead of connecting to an irc server directly, you connect to the cache server, then send a "CONNECT irc.fire-chains.com:6667 HTTP/1.0" request, and it will open a connection for you to the irc server. I think mirc even supports this these days, but otherwise you can use the irc /quote command. I'm assuming you know what telnet is. Most web caches are setup to support this. My university are so incompetant that in my first year their cache servers for the network not only allowed HTTP/1.0 CONNECT requests from inside out, but also outside to in (thus rendering the firewall completely useless for tcp traffic), and more worryingly outside to outside (ie anyone on the internet could route tcp traffic via my uni, and any machines they connect to would have my uni in the log files).

Before i get too technical, your gonna hafta give me more info about your network. I want to know a) do you have a real IP or a private one on your machine? b) are all ports firewalled? if not, which are open? c) is web access via a cache server? d) can you make ssl (https) connections? e) do you own a machine outside on the real internet?

I'm adament that if you have a computer which can browse HoP forum pages, that you can access the chat. Play safe smile

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
flid, love the "member status" abuse smile

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i got bored at 2am last night smile

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I just saw that and was like "...Huh... waaaiiiit a second... Hey! Ooohhhh!" tongue

I'm an severly dense sometimes! ubbloco

~ Bobo
EDITED_BY: OrangeBobo (1070626444)

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier