Page: ...
vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Well, since so many people had their intro threads wiped out and are starting new ones, I figure I could use these events to start my own, ultra-untimely intro, seeing as how I've been around HoP for like 3 years.

So then:

Name: Vance

Alias: Van, Vanize, Add, Zaidou (my 'African' name) ... oh, and I almost forgot, Pixie Banger! (don't ask if you don't really want to know).

Location: Potchefstroom, South Africa (WSW of Jo'berg) presently. Grew up in Houston, Texas. Most of my Family lives in Austin, Texas. I'm moving to Berlin, Germany in January for 2 years. (ok, been in Berlin for a year now)

Favourite Toys: sailboats (been sailing 29 years), surfboards (been surfing 19 years), poi (3.5 years) (almost 5 years now)

Hobbies: Too many - sailing, surfing, poi, scale models, travelling, collecting stamps and paper money from places I visit, Dungeons & Dragons, SCUBA diving, tropical fish, reading, painting, drawing, getting projects ready for Burningman, ....

Your favourite website/s: www.burningman.com

Music: I'll listen to most anything except modern country music. My favorites are classical (e.g. vivaldi, beethoven), trance, classic rock (led zep, hendrix, beatles), and what used to be called alternative (foo fighters, pixies, whale, ...)

Movies: blade runner (director's cut), strictly ballroom, band of brothers (more like a mini series I guess), amelie, ... er, I know there are more, but I can't think of them just now.

Books: mostly sci-fi, fantasy, and history.

Philosophy: Technological Gaiaism, Quantum Fatalism

Favourite Colour: Burgandy ( sorry Alice!)

Favourite Quote/Saying:

From a movie: "Gentleman, we have a blind date with destiny, and she just ordered the lobster!" - the Shoveler (Mystery Men).

From literature: "The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love" - W. Somerset Maughn

From personal life: "I was just telling Sara K. that I have no particular segway between being stone cold sober and really wasted. Then she kicked her glass of water across the room..." - Zouwera (Christmas day, 2002, west africa)

So that is that. We'll see if it goes anywhere, eh?

EDITED_BY: vanize (1111489303)

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Still here... and moving to SF.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
VANCE!

*flying tackle glomp*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
wave

smile

Getting to the other side smile

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
VANCE!!!! hug hug2 You are alive! wink

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
Vance!

Page: ...