Forums > Social Chat > THE WEBB ELLIS CUP COMES HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
just to let you know WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20-17 to england!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

i think i should just say that Australia played very well, they stayed in the game and when we took the lead, they fought right back in to survive.
so excuse my immaturity but this is the first tme in my life something this big has happened!
you played well guys

BUT WE GET THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
ubbloco ubbrollsmile ubbloco

UNLUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hell Yes! Ave it!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Congrats to you guys - whilst I'm more than a little bummed, I must say it's awesome seeing you guys so happy! You're right.....the Webb Ellis Cup came from England and it had to go home for a visit at one point..!

I have to say that I am obviously very sad that we lost (I am from a HUGE rugby family!), but I am so impressed with the game!! It just kept going until the very last secong - that's the way all good rugby games should go! That Wilkinson is such a fantastic kicker that it's scary - kicking like that from either foot!!!!

I just got back from watching the game at our big 'rugby pub' in town where I also work, it was massive....HUGE crowds turned out for both England and Australia - i thought there'd be problems at the end, but when England won, all the Aussie fans (although initially shell-shocked at losing in the last 20 secs!) walked over and congratulated the Poms - to the England fans great credit, they were pretty gracious about it and hugged all us aussies - everyone was hugging and stuff and it make losing a hell of a lot easier that they didnt rub it in and get some of the drunk aussie boys riled up! hehe

Muchly Congrats to all the Poms on HOP..... Your boys played an AWESOME world cup series - mucho deservo of the cuppo!

So, Cheers to you all you Poms out there on HOP! beerchug wave

Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
pretty good response here in NZ too. tho the kiwis were a bit umm all the aussies and brits i town got on fine...

but!

from a (slightly) impartial scottish view point:

ENGLAND WAS ROBBED

that last penalty in the second half that led to extra time was ridiculous....
i have never seen a scrum doing so badly awarded so many penalties...hmmmmm.

but congratulations to both teams it was the most exiting and competitive match i have seen...since scotland beat england in 1991.

(not true, there have been a few good ones since then, but how often do scots get to gloat, eh?)

ubblolR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

just to let you know WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! what position did you play? smile

Raph

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
Yes!!!! We are world champions!!!!! beerchug beerchug beerchug

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
*runs into dyke boys room*

* dioes happy dance*

*runs away again*

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Yes!!!! We are world champions!!!!! beerchug beerchug beerchug

You were on the pitch?? cool! biggrin

Raph

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You were on the pitch?? cool! biggrin

Raph

Yes, im actually Jonny Wilkinson

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Thats great! ubblol

Raph

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah England kicked some serious ASS!!!!!! biggrin

Unfortuantly didn't watch the match(work grr) but saw the highlights biggrin

This is Englands first major sporting achievment since 1966 eek

Wilkinson was awsome ubbrollsmile(isn't Wilkinson rather good looking or is it me?)

ubblove

Condolences to the aussies....but we kicked ass tongue wink

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I pissed myself laughing. HOORAY the english won the cup....
I am a kiwi. For one week now I have fielded so much slagging because of our loss to the WANNABES... oh Im sorry the wallabies... and now karma has bit the aussies in the bum....AHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHA
*falls off chair*...... *hiccup*..... wipes tears from eyes....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhh, it was magic!!! I wore my jersey and went out with my friends, fully expecting us to lose. I am used to being the only English supporter amongst my friends (same again last night), and was completely prepared to be hassled and annoyed when we lost. But we didn't!!!!!!!!!!

We went down to one of the local pubs, down the road. The crowd were mostly Aussies, but there was the usual small and vocal contingent of brits, so I had some additional support there. My friends spent most of the time getting more and more disappointed in the Aussie performance, until they equalised, and it was back to the usual... Then we took it!!! biggrin

I am soooo happy. biggrin

The crowd at the pub was great, very good natured. No one was horrible about it. biggrin British fans and aussie fans hugged and congratualated one another.

frown The only time it was a problem was on the walk home where some stupid drunk private school boys were shouting out rude stuff and attempting to burn a british flag in the rain. Whereas most just recognised it as a great game, these idiot over-priviledged fashion victims took it very personally. ubblol

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
It was a great day, and about time we beat the Aussies at something!! It all happened in good spirits too, which is kinda nice given the England fans record of causing trouble in the football and all... The Wannabes deserve a lot of credit for hanging in there and not giving in, it was a great final..

264 posts

Posted:
Now now Valura....
The Aussies didnt get karma biting them in the Bum in the final against England....They went in as the underdogs when they played against NZ last week, but managed to come out on top (same story with England beating us in the final) ....Maybe NZ losing against the Wannabes, I mean wallabies, was karma biting NZ on the butt for actualy thinking they're any good at Rugby....?
*evil laugh*
wink biggrin tongue wink biggrin tongue ubbangel ubbangel beerchug

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*swing low sweet charriot, comeing forth to carry me home!*

Step (el-nombrie)

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
AHAHAHAHA Would you like a big wooden spoon rach?? tee hee
Your a stirrer... ubbrollsmile ubblol ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I suppose the english had to win at something to make up for loseing to us in the soccer .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

264 posts

Posted:
Sure am a stirrer....and darn good at it too....! hehe wink
But I think I'll have to pass on the offer of the big wooden spoon - after all, New Zealand came below us on the Rugby World Cup ladder and it wouldnt be fair to take it off them now would it....? *evil laugh* ubbloco
Rach