i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
This is my first post in this forum, so let me sum up my views really quick...

I am anti-war. I am Amerikan. I trust my government about as far as I can throw it. It has a history of lying and deceit. My reasons have already been neatly put forth in some of the thousands of posts that are already on this forum.

That said, there is a web site that I am keen to that I thought some of you other anti-war people may be interested in called From the Wilderness Publications. They publish sensitive material and documents that others won't or can't, among other gems of usefull material. They have a nice little video on Sept 11 up right now, which I just ordered.

Check it: https://www.fromthewilderness.com/index.html

Also, there is a political commentator and cartoonist at https://www.rall.com.
Ted Rall. He is a pretty smart guy, and I highly recomend his columns.

Violence begets violence. Turn the other cheek. Don't let history repeat itself. These are terms many of us grew up with. How quickly we forget. Remember, apparently for the rest of us "pre-emptive attack" is agrivated assault.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Just have to say; 3,000+ corpses are not a cheek.

No one knows me like I do.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Are you talking about the 3,000 civilians killed in 9-11 or the 3,000 or more killed in Afghanistan? Or the thousands we are sure to kill in Iraq? Or once Bush worked his way down the Axis list to Korea?

Life is precious no matter whose it is. There are very few people who feel ok about taking it. We call most of them leaders. But leaders die, and the pain they leave behind will too if we let it. Take a cue from our own body: Wounds heal only after the blood has a chance to dry. If we keep spilling blood, for whatever reason, we'll bleed ourselves to death long before we can heal anything.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
I let my wounds heal after those who opened them are in no way capable of opening them back up. I've noticed I bleed less that way.

Not interested in getting in a big fuss over this, I'm horribly outnumbered on this board and have been getting worked to the bone

You have your way which you're perfectly comfortable with, I have mine.

Where are my allies?

No one knows me like I do.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Awww, don't worry friend, if the Gallup polls are any indication your minority status here is greatly overshadowed by your majority status in the general population... for now

Ok I'll use another way of explaining it then. When you have weeds the only way to get rid of them is getting rid of the root. Without getting rid of the root of this problem, which is our international policy and economic domination of weak areas (resulting in starvation in many, look at World Bank and IMF records), the weed is still going to keep coming back. It may not be the same as the last one, but it will still choke your "good and decent" efforts out just as well.

Violence begets violence. Even retaliatory. Even pre-emptive. Even Just. I only call for a break in the cycle.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
DaiTenshi, don't you mean your "minions?"

quote:
the weed is still going to keep coming back
At last, an anti-war advocate with some honesty...

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
LOL, hey now, let's not pigeon hole protesters now. Just because it's only gotten bad enough for hippies and stoners to start protesting, don't think they don't reflect a larger undercurrent. Besides, if you really WANT to start arguing about that aspect of the hippy life-style, I'll be happy to enlighten you as to why that's not a Bad Thing, on historical, utilitarian, herbal, medical, scientific, spiritual and every other ground you can possibly stand on.

But I digress. That is not what this forum is for, and I doubt many people here would be interested in my extensive background in that area anyway, haha.

Let's not get off track here... Remember, weed doesn't beget violence, CRACK begets... no wait, I mean violence begets violence.