Forums > Help! > What Oil to Use???????????????????????

Login/Join to Participate

Munkeyrachmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hellooo How are you today...... I have been teaching myself to fire twirl for about 6 months now but I still dont know exactly what oil to use. I have been using smelly citroneella lamp oil. I dont want to use it anymore but what else can i use...
BTW I am from Melbourne Australia... Any Help you could provide would be great
Love Rachel***************

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
next wednesday we can show you the lofty joys of firetwirling with firewater. it doesn't smell like a necrophiliac's long-term relationship, and the fuel burns brighter and longer than most Mormons.

*cough*plug!*cough*
...what was that?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
doesn't anyone use the search function anymore?

and what happened to everyone jumping right on these posts with angry shouts and grumbles? people seem to be giving sensible answers now-a-days.

and i miss the points dammit.

Munkeyrachmember
3 posts

Posted:
Ummmmmmmmm where did that come from??????????

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't worry, sweetie. It is just old person angst. And if anyone mentions points, just run as fast as you can in the opposite direction

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
hey Munkeyrach!

i was completely out of line with that post..

i apologize!

was just referring to a time when there seemed to a brigade of civilian wannabe moderators around here snapping at everyone to
[begin exaggerate here]
"use the search function before asking redundant questions!"
[end exaggerate here]

i've been guilty of it muhself..

rex was being too sarcastic for his own good tho. sorry!

::trying to help out::

uhm, if Cassandra was around, i'm sure she'd tell ya to go start an introduction thread by clicking on that link and tell the world about yourself!

have a good day, happy spinning

Munkeyrachmember
3 posts

Posted:
Thankyou
Luv Rach******

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
rex is really a sweetheart. promise!!!

However he omitted to explain the dark episode in HoP that was the points game....

*looks of apprehension are exchanged between those who know the history*

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
*giggle*
citronella smells better than kerosine! Phoeey.. kero still puts a smile on my face, but i tell you, when you spill 1 and a half litres in your car and start to get funny headaches after the smell is still there for 2 weeks, then lamp oil smells like roses!!!!!!!!!
firewaters better!

much love

[ 01 July 2002, 00:38: Message edited by: sarah... ]

Fire... A bushmans telly

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Munkeyrach, I don't like the smell of citronella either. A lot of twirlers in Melb use Shell Sol TX. It burns cleaner than kero and is not as dangerous as shellite (whitegas).

I buy a 20L drum from a shell depot (not a petrol station) for $65.00. Other suppliers like Concentrate may sell it in smaller quantities.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if ya want to buy small quantities of Shell Sol Tk from the sweet kickass at Concentrate, I can give you a few empty 5Lt Firewater canisters if ya want - I dun wanna throw them away and I don't wanna give them back to juggleart. I think it was something like AU3.5000$ for a litre of shellsoltk. it smells less sugary/sweetly and slightly muskier/soury.
I must inhale less fumes, and eat more kraft dinner.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Lightwistermember
20 posts

Posted:
where can I buy firewater at?

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
cheaper than firewater you can get a product called ShellSolT
can buy it from major shell distribution points. bout $60 for 20 liters. burns bright, clean. no smell, no soot. much better than kerro, parrafin etc. wish i could find something like that here, (in Barcelona at the mo)
if you cant find a shell distributor nearby try concentrate fire workshop. you can contact them online, search for site via name, dont have it on me. one of tthe guys there might have a spare drum they could sell.
Big hi´s to all Melbourne twirlers!! miss home ;P

[ 02 July 2002, 00:08: Message edited by: PyroptiX ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The points game kinda died after some handsome fraggle came back from his disapearance and ranted about how nasty everyone had become because of the points.

It's so much nicer to be helpful than to yell at folks don't you think Rex?

Meh

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
A quick search seems to indicate that shellsol is just standard white spirit - also known as: B.A.S.; C.A.S.; Clairsol; Dilutine; Exxsol; Halpasol; Hydrosol;Indusol; Sane; Kristalloel; Laws; Ragia; Sangajol; Shellsol; Solfina;Solnap; Solvesso; Spezialbenzin; Spirdane; Spraysol; Soddard Solvent; Supersol; Terpentina; Tetrasol; Thersol; Varnolene; Varsol; W.S.;White Spirit.

see here for my sources

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by maladmin:
A quick search seems to indicate that shellsol is just standard white spirit - also known as: B.A.S.; C.A.S.; Clairsol; Dilutine; Exxsol; Halpasol; Hydrosol;Indusol; Sane; Kristalloel; Laws; Ragia; Sangajol; Shellsol; Solfina;Solnap; Solvesso; Spezialbenzin; Spirdane; Spraysol; Soddard Solvent; Supersol; Terpentina; Tetrasol; Thersol; Varnolene; Varsol; W.S.;White Spirit.

see here for my sources

but I'd do a bit more research on flashpoints etc. before u use it if I were u.

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i was just all about trying to win some free merchandise from the shop, C@ntus..

the random drawing competition is just much to.. well, random.