• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

HellCat

HellCat

Total posts: 32
Posted:alright.. this is really getting to me.. i can do moves like the forward weave and the windmill and chasing the sun (only been spinning for less then a month) and i cannot do the butterfly!!! lol am i doing something wrong? i do everything that's instructed, "keep one hand infront of the other, etc, etc" but i can't do it! Help me!!! pwease???

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ^.~

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Delete Topic

Flynt
SILVER Member since May 2002

Flynt

Intrepid Penguin

Total posts: 5635
Posted:keep one hand lower than the other?

i find the reverse butterfly, ie: swinging backwards and going into butterfly from there, ALOT easier than the forwards butterfly........
but im weird
*nod*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1002
Posted:Not much more I can say apart from what is already on this page
Takes a weee bit of practice. I am sure you will get it soon. Only practice a new move for a maximum of 15 minutes. Have a rest or try some else then comes back to it later (even the following day)

Kindest regards

Malcolm

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

juggles

Total posts: 11
Posted:Basically you will want to make everything a little crooked. A side view of the butterfly should look a little like an x. I put my right hand slightly above, and in front of my left. You should experiment with differnt combinations. :

Happy spinning everone!

Delete

Paddy

back from the dead...sort of

Total posts: 884
Posted:Don't worry about not being able to get it. THe butterfly is actually quite difficult to do properly. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I think it is a basic move in the sense that it is the basis for loads of other moves, not in the sense that it is easy to do. So don't worry about it too much.

Delete

Mr Miyagi

Total posts: 13
Posted:The biggest block to your learning is your mind.

If whatever your doing isn't working - do something else.... anything else.

When you become more flexible in your approach, then it will come to you.

Wax on...Wax off.

Delete

HellCat

HellCat

Total posts: 32
Posted:LOL no worries Flynt.. you're not weird.. i tried the Reverse BF today... it IS a lot easier.. ^.^ my poi didn't knock into each other or the tails didn't get caught in the strings either! woohoo ^.^ sankyu all

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ^.~

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Delete