XxXxFirestarteRxXxXmember
4 posts

Posted:
alright everyone.....heres a little diddy. just a little something to do when the staff falls on the ground. im not sure if its been posted yet, maybe eveyone does this already and it doesnt even deserve a post but here it is anyway....

alright...say the staff is flat on the ground, with the back of the left foot, put it on the right foot so theres like 2/3 of the stick to the right of the foot and 1/3 of it to the left. now lift the stick with the right foot, but bend your leg to the right kinda so the end of the stick hits you knee, (make you sure your not using some really flammable fluid cause it might burn a little). doing this should make the right side of the stick flip around and into the air sending it up and into a spin...then continue staffing.....
this can also be done with the opposite feet.

alright there it is folks....are you guys impressed????if anyone else has some new ones theyve been doin lately put em up.....im just startin the lynx but i thought id put this in.

peace
bobby

Mr Potato Headmember
8 posts

Posted:
YO YO YO,
Funny u should mention this, as i have a habit of dropping my staff everytime i pick it up, i have noticed that it almost bounces a little, ive started treating it like a hacky sack (as much as a staff can be a hacky), i dont if en1 out there incorporates foot moves into their routine but i think it could be kewl.
I think ill try your spin off the ground move, might save me bending down every 30 seconds

I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with. --Rodney Dangerfield Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny. --Jack Handey Deep Thoughts

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
XxXxFirestarteRxXxX thats the very move that i've been working on, it's quite a nice little move but you do have to be careful, i nearly took my eye out last week when the spin was a little on the erratic side
Ouch!!!!!!

*EDIT*
Actually,
There is a continuation of this move (i've only pulled it off a few of times) if you can get a smooth, slow spin on the staff, you can catch it behind the neck/across shoulders and then flick it back up into the air or manipulate down your arms from there, looks slick

LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

[ 26. February 2003, 00:22: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

try this too, staff onna groun in between both feet pointing directly out. left foot pushes fron of staff onto right toe, starting horsontal spin, follow with right foot and sid-flick into helecopter throw.

The club pickup you describe above can be done inside the leg aswell, but i never got my head round it. Blue cat might be able to add more.

l8
N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Here's the link to one of the old threads on nice moves for getting the staff back off the ground in case you're interested:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000113

By the way XxXxFirestarteRxXxX, I'm from the real Jersey near France!

Have a good one,

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

XxXxFirestarteRxXxXmember
4 posts

Posted:
hello again. thanks for all the repies.

trippy hippy.....nice variation. not too hard but shows a certain amount of skill. def gonna try it out today.

nix. im sure your move shows just as much skill, im just not sure how much???when the stick is in between your legs is it vertical???and when its pointing out, does this mean its pointing forward???and where does the stick sit in relation to your feet???does the end end even with the tips of your feet, or are your feet parallel to the middle of the stick????sorry for all of this but i just have trouble picturing moves from descriptions. thanks

and salinger......your jersey may be the original, but my jerseys new and improved.

aight, im out
peace
bob

and by the way....dont post more than 8 smilies or your gonna have to rewrite your post over again.....i learned that the hard way.

Drag'nmember
8 posts

Posted:
Yeah I've been doing the same kick up move for ages. Its funny how many of us come up with the same moves without any contact.
then Nix comes along with something that completely blows it away. I'm off to try that hellicopter version as soon as I'm finished on here.
If I'm performing and I do the unforgiveable; drop my stick, I prefer to do a cartwheel picking up the stick as I pass over it, and twirling it in my hand as my body rises back up.Its a vain attempt to cover the fact that I just f"d up.Make it look like it was supposed to happen. I'm sure it must fool some people.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
firestarter that is a classic club juggling pick up... try it on the inside also(i know i said this in the linked thread but no harm in repeating myself.....

the move nix was talking about is flat spin, (i think, cause there are a few vertical versions around) staff starts horizontal betwwen your feet, start the spin outward with one of your feet(just depends which way you prefer)and flick up....tricky to get smooth...
been trying to work it into opposite elbow catches so i don't need hands.... also it is THE nicest way i have found to go from one staff into two, esp. if you can catch the flicked one on the other... but that is all in contact threads so have a search...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, clarification.

staff is on the ground inbetween both feet pointing away from you (in the same direction as your toes) The centre should be bout level or forward a little from the toes.

I use the left foot to push the staff from above the centre sideways onto the right toes. the staff continues in a flatspin across the foot and it kicked up sideways on the outside of the right foot.

This is a difficult pickup. the delivery of the staff onto the foot, and the outside flick are both inportant to the outcome, and if you get this wrong its a smack inna head for yer troubles.

the inside club pickup looks really good, but i havent got my head around it yet.

N'way

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Drag'n, I do the same thing! Although it looks pretty cool, unfortunately it shows that I drop my staff enough that I've developed a move to recover.

If I don't have enough room for a cartwheel, I have my staff lying horizontal to me, then I place my foot on it and quickly roll my foot back and then stop it. The staff then rolls up onto my foot, soccerlike, and it sets me up for a little juggling ditty before I resume my twirling. I'm currently trying to perfect the foot recovery, flicking it up a little, kicking it over my head and then either backheeling it back over my head again (I can dream) or knocking it up enough to spin and grab it. Need to practice it a lot though :-)

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.