Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Nipple Splitter, Question for Charles...

Login/Join to Participate

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,chalie boy, you talked in the naming staff moves about a 3/4 wrap up the front of your body to the opposite shoulder. Ive been having a go at this but am a little perplexed.Ive been doing it with the opposite hand going behind the back (like a btb shoulder wrap) and releasing at the waist to flip up to my shoulder. The question is, what do you do from there? Turn round and catch going forwards? neckpinch it? (dosnt really hit the shoulder near the centre of ballance) do you use the hand on the sidethe wrap starts from and catch with the other? you see my dilema. Teach me this trick and Ill put a nice flourish up...Love N smile

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I'll tell only if you promise not to say "Yo, Charlie Boy"... winkSeriously, whatever you like when it get there. i release the staff at my waist, it rolls over my hsould and i usually just catch it again. Like you said, neckpinches body wraps...anytrhing you want to do.If you want something fancy, try to balance it on the shoulder and turn a fast 180. Sometime it makes the staff swap shoulders...But just have fun.------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cheers charlie wink

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
most of the wraps are possible with double staffs, eg the one Nix mentioned(BTB to opposite shoulder), you just have to make sure you catch in the same hand you let go from... so there are things like double shoulder wraps(same shoulder as wrapping arm) head rolls, the accross the back one from charles, this is doable with both staffs spinning in the same direction and also in opposites(trying to get continuous opposites but stuck on 4 in a row at present...) but for singles, all contact stuff can be pretty much continuous (without touching hands) if you are prepared to turn around a lot.....like elbow wraps into back crosses down to another elbow wrap on the other side....so just plaay around with letting it go and seeing where it ends up if you turn around. but warning i have severe head bruising from triple head rolls..... I wil try to post some videos of this stuff but wont be for a while i fear....cheers

brain replacement...anyone?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Thanks Mineiro,gave me an idea for getting in to that, do a forwards shoulder roll snd turn so it comes arcoss your chest and onto the shoulder and keep turning so that it goes over the back and back to where you started. Too this out the other day and despite some nice lumps I managed to do it (shakily) a few times. Stoked winkits hard stuff but Im looking forward to a few months time when it really starts to come. hummmm... stick.....LoveN

-><- Kallisti