SpArKiE
SpArKiE

*shiny shiny*
Total posts: 218
Posted:i was just thinking whislt reading some of the posts below... would it be possible to make a staff but not wrapping the kevlar around the end of the staff... but have them possibly like poi wicks... hanging... (the end of the staff has a ring where you can link on your new wicks) so then u can add whatever type of style kevalr u wish.
but now... i different thought has come into mind... what would the affects be with balance and what not? hmmm...
has anyone ever thought of this? or does anyone have any further ideas or comments?
i'm just throwing ideas around... doubt i'll ever go and do it- unless someone says its really cool. hehe.

***edit- after posting and re-reading... this post made no sence... so i fixed it ***

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Delete Topic

Lixtrim
Total posts: 32
Posted:I think thers a weapon just like you discribed it...so sure it's very possible and would sure look very kewl

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:There's been a lot of discussions about this sort of thing, from poi ended staffs, to detachable (and slightly swingable) wicks to Bender's crazy "Hurty" (His name for a three sectioned staff he made).

Which aspect were you looking into more, the poi ended one perhaps???

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:ermm... instead, how making changes to the twirler attached to the staff? i recommend a shave.
/lathers up

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

SpArKiE
SpArKiE

*shiny shiny*
Total posts: 218
Posted:yeshim... the poi ended...

that "hurty" sounds hurty. hehe.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Delete

simian
simian

110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
Total posts: 3149
Posted:And there's FI-Primate-RE's "TwirlyWhirly Instrument of Pure Irresponsibility" or whatever its called

Scary staff with poi ends, easy to start, hard to stop. It looks a bit like it was made by Satan's own evil hand.

(The aforementioned crazyass toy, its owner and his lovely wife, should all be moving to a large marsupially populated continent in the southern hemisphere sometime pretty soon, so maybe you'll get to see them in person.)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Delete

Zoltar
Zoltar

Beginner
Total posts: 282
Posted:A poi ended staff.....

Would that be a double flail ???

..... scratches head

So much fire, so little body hair...

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:um, here's a post about rambling on about pineapples and the strengths/weaknesses of firey flails family of fire toys.
quote:personal verdict: spectacular looking when unlit, but in perfoemance, the gamut of available moves is too limiting to jstify the novelty of flaily bits!
do i really spell that badly? *stratches head, well, someone's head*

astrojax lets forth some imaginative ideas in this thread

exotic toys are developed by people who want a spectacular performance, so try to keep performance-oriented when tinkering. By all means make it a killer toy, but don't let it clip your wings/toenails.
however the the choice at the end of the day is very personal, and the only thing i can make you do is walk around with your pants on your head.

please?
ah well it was worth a try.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:Doesn't Knagii have a staff with a similar (only slightly more dangerous cos it's him) idea to it?

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Zoltar
Zoltar

Beginner
Total posts: 282
Posted:OK... pants on my head.

Do I do the belt up round my neck and look through the fly????

So much fire, so little body hair...

Delete