karma_247member
3 posts

Posted:
I have found myself going through a pair of zuni's every 6 months. the handles keep breaking is this normal?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Zuni's... hmmm.... Well, they have a nice bag.

I don't use handles

be cool
Drew

[ 15. January 2003, 08:08: Message edited by: glass ]

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Point!

You should look in the Technical Discussion section. It is dedicated to topics like this.

In Before the Move. Pele, do I get a point?

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhh!!!! PWB, No!! Don't do it!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thought we finished with the point thing? long time ago... oh well its a laugh though.
point for me being off topic

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright children...settle down!

Alright, with Zuni's I actually have found them to be, what is the right term? Less reliable than other brands of comet poi. Instead of constantly repurchasing Zuni's, try some of the other brands available from Malcolm's shoppe here on Home of Poi. I personally adore my Buzz Poi, but also enjoy the comets tremendously. If it is just the handles you are having problems with, then make your own. I made mine over 3 years ago out of deer hide and I have yet to have a set break. Experiment and find what you like. Just because they come with the poi does not mean you have to use them.
(and yes, PWB...I am moving this to tech! )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
you could try some bike handle bar grips like on a bmx, the plastic\rubber bits. put some wood into the bit where the handle bars would normally go. the poi fly in straighter lines\ they`re easy to control, plus they`re just better.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
You break the *handles* on the Zuni? Zuni, by their nature, are not the most robust design, but their handles (at least the nylon webbing ones) seem pretty strong. I've gone through many Zuni's (I "lose" more as gifts then through damane) I've never seen a pair of handles break. I'm not so sure about the pleather handles they often ship with (my recent sets come with two pair of handles) because I simply don't like them. In any case, handles are easily replaced. Nylon webbing is less than a buck a foot and you can get a small grommet kit for maybe 2-3 bucks.

-p.