Chibi Kaimember
2 posts

Posted:
Ok... I know that there has been alot of fuel questions but I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this. The story starts in Seattle spinning for the last year with a 3 parts lampoil to 1 part white gas. Everything worked fine not heat issues life is good. This weekend we met up with some other burners and also did a show in Arizona. On both nights (using the same 3 to 1 ratio) our tools burned hotter, almost unmanageable, than before. The problem was mostly with the batons and the fans as the flame is closer to your hands than poi or staff. Any sugestions or explinations. Possibly due to altitude or humidity ???

fire creates, it destroys. who said you can't have the best of both worlds.

circadiamember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey, you know, I just had a similar problem. I do body burning with white gas and a few days ago was giving a performance and had to stop that part of my show. The fire was too hot! It burned my skin immediately. It had never happened before. It was outdoors, so yeah, I'm wondering if fuels burn at different temp depending on some environmental factor?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
did you change brands o fuel? or maybe get other stuff in there by accident? also when the wind blows it gives the fuel more oxygen, so you might want to account for that...wind and fire dancing don't "jive" otherwise beats me!
hey you guys are from wa, ever hear of some folks called magmavox?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.