Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
not sure if this should be in social or move, but here goes, tell me what you think. and now ladies and gentleman pozee will perform his fire feats while blindfolded and handcuffed. too much? it is actually pretty fun, and i have gotten some very strange comments, just to be able to do it was one thing, but with handcuffs and a blindfold? now granted you cant do all the BTB and technical stuff, but if you dont spin, who is gonna be able to tell the difference. should be good stuff for my next performance?? any other ideas, maybe while on stilts or riding a killer whale through the arctic?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i am sorry. i even wrote that it should be in one of the two other ones, and i posted it in technical, how stupid of me, maybe i should just quit now. frown

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't know why but when I went to move Pozee's overkill thread the actual text was lost somewhere in the great net void. So I did a copy and paste to it and here it is.Pozee, I have heard of people who have done an entire btb routine with their hands tied together. I think the idea of mixing blindfold with handcuffs is really interesting. How limited do you think you would be? I think day-glo uv stuff would look cool...like the blindfold, the handcuffs and the poi....Hmmmm...nice one.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
well, i just tried it today and all i could realy do was weaves, 5 beats and regular, tuns, under the leg stuff(both poi at same time) and the butterfly, although that was a little tricky to go into. i also was trying some wraps that dont completely wrap, the ones where they wrap an then you throw them to the other side, and they worked nicely. still a lot of work to do. uv stuff would look awesome, i didnt get it untill just now, you mean like uv handcuffs right? i like that a lot. i have also heard of someone doing the BTB with their hands tied, but did not really think too much about it untill today, all i thought was whoa! to advanced for me, but i was wrong.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
oops, and the windmill and cyclone, and throwing the butterfly to the opposite side while moving th ewhole body, feels really cool

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cyclone?

Pele

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i think i meant corkscrew, yeah modified corkscrew. basically all the moves you can do without taking your wrists apart right. just one of those days, my goodness!

anyone got a light?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Oh MY Goodness! Pozee, I actually handcuffed myself yesterday and did some stuff... before I read this thread even, It is like we are on the same wavelength. Scary thought! smile I've been doing what I called the "handcuff weave" for a while, but I never actually busted out the cuffs till last night. It was cool, turns and windmills-no problem, haven't tried 5-beats yet, but I did do a weave/butterfly switch by wraping one poi on my leg, it was cool, aucward, but cool. hmmm, I'll bet I have a blindfold somewere too... save that for later though heh heh hehWMF

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
we are so there. yes the wrap is a little wierd, actually wait, its a recoil. i use that to go into the butterfly. you can do a chasing the sun between the legs pretty easily, and i was doing those wraps from the weave where you wrap on the right side with the left arm and then throw the left arm back over to the left side to unwind it. pretty cool. tuck turns are obviously pretty easy too. by the way, you are in stillwater, crazy, i lived in lawton for a few years. i was just doing some stuff a few minutes ago, playing with poi blidfolded with handcuffs with string and a ball of tape on the end, in the middle of my office, thank god noone walked in. btw, what is WM.. okay i got it never mind.

anyone got a light?

winkimember
2 posts

Posted:
i think that once you start twirling balls of fire around your head there is no such thing as overkill. this is where we go from performing at parties to barnum and bailey. i'm righ there with you buddy. go crazy.

chaos breeds order, and order breeds life.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
YES! barnum and bailey would be cool. doing it on top of elephants or hanging from a tight rope, or even on the trapeeze! well maybe not, but i can dream. personally i would want to try cirque du soliel, they are awesome, by the way, i am playing with handcuffs right now. call me

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
youch! TTN with hand cuffs on, very tough stuff,all in the wrists, cant pull your arms back so you have to invert your wrists just enough so they will pass. that one will take a lot of work. got the rest fairly good though, gonna try tonight with them on fire, maybe... i will let you know how it goes. dont worry though, only the stuff i am completely confident with at first. definately not the TTN just yet. maybe another hour of practice and i eill get it.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wow, BTB stuff is going to take a long time to master with cuffs on, just tried it. nope, not any time soon.

anyone got a light?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
For whatever it's worth--the routine I saw where the performer had his hands tied behind his back? They weren't tied very closely together--nowhere near as close as with handcuffs. I believe the guy who did this was Joe Mama, who has quite a reputation as a fire-twirler.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
joe mama, are you crackin on me?LOL my mama cant even jump rope. yes the cuffs i have are rather close, it is very hard.

anyone got a light?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
That's really the name he goes by.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yea, I ment recoil. the recoil into the three beat is a little harder than vise versa though. BTW what kind of handcuffs are you using, pozee? The hinge kind (NOT flexible)or the kind with chain inbetween? I have smith and weason cuffs and some toy metal cuffs with a slightly longer chain inbetween.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Excuse me , sweet ladies and gentlemen... but do you all have handcuffs in the USA like we carry French bread in France ?????Pozee, these handcuffs, are they the ones you used with Myst and Josh with the camels ? lol.shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Actually he pulled out the fuzzy ones cassandra.:grins excitedly: "call me!!!"

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I thought every body had handcuffs, Cassandra wink ... Hmmm... fuzzy handcuffs.... I was just thinking of making mine fuzzy, because I rubbed my wrists raw in under ten minutes of practice. But I got the 5 beat weaves and 7 beat wraping weaves down pat smile windmill no problem. Cork screw between the legs double kick jump over-no problem. under leg weave creacent kick 360-no problem grin . forward thread the needle-no problem, reverse TTN-problem frown win some loose some. I can do a psuedo mexican wave (extra beat in front) and the variouse butterfly turns (side/front/side, etc low high). Another one is do a butterfly and bring just one poi to behind you and keep it there. It helps alot if the handcuffs are not to tight so they can slide around a little bit (I got big wrists though so I cant turn my wrists in the cuffs) and it helps if I keep the finger loops on the tips (second joint) of my fingers like I normanly do.[This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 30 August 2001).]

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
that damn reverse TTN, got it a little but it still messes with me. oh yeah, what do you think about doing all that while having rope tied to your feet and hanging upside down. not half as many moves to be done, and i am not sure it would work unless your feet were completely stable. okay maybe i am just getting too crazy now. or is that just creativity? i vote insanity. oh by the way doesnt everyone have a pair of handcuffs hanging over their bed? sometimes they do end up underneath the bed or in the kitchen but... okay nevermind im done now.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
adam rice, this guy sound awesome, where did you see him. oh and by the way i knew you were serious, i just thought it was funny, hope you did not take offense. good idea to have a little more room than cuffs will allow

anyone got a light?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Pozee, you are starting to scare me a bit !But ...what about ....getting your entire body pierced and attach chains to all piercings and spin... but WAIT, I know it is not dangerous enough for you, daring as you are, so you then attach wild tigers to your chains and light the animals up and spin.option a. : do the above mentioned trick blindfoldedoption b. : do a. but with handcuffs winkshine on crazy peoplemuch loveCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 30 August 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Hey Pozee! geeze, attention much? haha Well i agree with all theese people, i know pozee, and he taught me almost everything i know, i am spinning strings now from watching him in amazement. good stuff bud,keep it up, watch you'll be like famous and on tv one day because of dis... grin --erica

Its not easy being green....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What about manacles? You know the studded leather handcuffs with the iron chain in the middle from the middle ages? I am ganna get a set of those for this, add a bit of flare (pun intended grin) to the show.I'm good with close contact wrists but...blindfolded too will take time. I would love to work the releases in with the blindfold and handcuffs, give people a *real* show, you know what I mean? winkAnd Cassandra, you mean you don't have handcuffs? shocked I don't know where'd Whipping Boy would be without mine! winkOr Santanatwo or Myst......you guys are still in the bedr...er...practice room right? ::giggle::------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
well now pozee, funny that you should mention hanging upside down by your feet, J.T. (Jedi White) has been trying to talk me into trying it for several months now. The main problem is that we haven't figured out a good way of riging up the gear. (By good I mean inexpensive and easy and safe, like no duck tape cause it is flamable regardless of its other qualities)

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
and I don't know about yall, but I carry my handcuffs with me (even on campus...er, I mean ESPECIALY on campus), never know when they might CUM in handy grin

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
So Pozee, have I met Erica yet or are you keeping her all to yourself? Hey man, you better share or that little weave of yours ain't going to be so pretty. I'm just playin baby, I'll try to call you right now.Eric

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Share?HAHAHAHA! tongue [This message has been edited by MiSsFrOg19 (edited 31 August 2001).][This message has been edited by MiSsFrOg19 (edited 31 August 2001).]

Its not easy being green....

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
share, there is plenty of me to go around, oh you meant erica. oops. i am going to light her on fire tonight for the first time. i know for a fact she is ready.WMF lets keep this going, i was thinking parachute cord lashed to a good repelling harness, and then sinch it down to a plat so that the lower half of the body was stable. i think that would be the biggest thing, keeping the lower half of the body stable. i think if you didnt you would just flop all around. well time to put it to the test.

anyone got a light?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
That little smilly of yours better keep it's toungue to itself or I'm going to have to perform sergery on that little bastard. You dare laugh at the all mighty "Myst". Flash, show her what happens when someone mess' with me. EricFlash, my bottom hurts, could you get the hemroid cream for me. Thanks my love.

Page: