Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Click Clack (1/2 beat) wraps

Login/Join to Participate

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo.

little wrap theory going on here....

say for example we have the weave double bicep wrap. the poi wrap on opposite biceps and can be taken round for a beat to wrap on the opposite biceps. Now, wrap on opposite biceps, reverse and wrap on the bicep of the arm holding the poi. this has the effect of the poi traveling half a roration before re-wrapping, istead of a full 'beat'.

this dosnt have to be done on the arms, can ba done leg to arm, leg to leg and any more you can think off, you can get wrap 'boxes' by going right leg/right arm/ left arm/ left leg/right leg

Have fun!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I met a guy in Scotland who already does those. Oh wait, that was you.

I do think, as we discussed, you're on to something here. I guess by wrapping on the same bicept after any other wrap, you're cutting your circle in half and creating a half beat wrap.

I guess as well as spreading a truely horrible hacking cough I have also started a plague of Europeans doing American style wraps again.

Crazy American Ravers. Go suck on a pacifier.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
steve and I are still coughing up the chunky lung butter you left with us NYC.
thanks

and you left a pair of your pants here too.
just deciding what to do with them.

right I'm off to practice my stop wraps

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ever since seeing Brighton Mat doing these in butterfly wraps I've been trying them in bf too.

You can also add a hyperloop into the wrap. Got that from Myst out in California. Paralel evolution again.

[ 25. August 2003, 04:33: Message edited by: Dõm ]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh and +) ... I found that you can get a better clack if you give the wrap before it a little nudge. That is, let's say you're wrapping your right poi under your left arm bicept then under your right bicept (that's the tough one right?)... If you give it a little flick downward with the LEFT arm when it wraps your left arm it will leave with more momentum and give a better clack on the rebound. Did that make sense? This way the poi don't die mid click-clack.

In a more confusing terms, if you kick the click a bit, you'll get a better clack.

And T, I woke up this morning wondering what the hell happened in that western damnit? Did they make it to Missouri?! And did she ever get those red shoes?

And Drew, if you could get those pants to Bambam that would be REALLY lovely. I was wondering why my legs were so cold. And they're not 'stop wraps' they're 'American wraps'...

Crazy ravers.

[ 28. August 2003, 12:49: Message edited by: NYC- Jester of Sheffield ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
What about an airwrap where you wrap one poi around an arm, then airwrap the other poi int he middle of the first poi length?

You could do baby-in-the-cradle type yo tricks and all sorts of silly stuff.

Plus it gives you time to tell a few poi jokes before going back into the routine?

Just a thought from a bored staffer...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I like that idea. Hopefully I'll remember it next time I'm spinning 'cos I can think of a few similar ideas. Ta!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yo,

Nyc: better edit that post b4 yer students get a hold of it...

i know what you mean by the extra flick, thease are fun on thier own, I think Dan refers to them as 'power' recoil, but i could be wrong.

Dom.... yesssss, hyp-comboc are a little beyond me at the mo.....

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
He doesn't really have any students y'know. He doesn't even go out of his house. Just sits alone in the dark surrounded by mewling cats.....

*realises he's in poi moves again. Tiptoes out before anyone spots him (or notices that he actually posts in here more than he does in staff moves)*

Meh

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
like nunchucks i guess, if i'm wrong someone please correct me i'm stupid

¿

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm noticing that during butterfly click-clacks it's much easier if you hit your opposite arm closer to the wrist and the same arm closer to the armpit. This is especially true when you're doing the under the arm sequences.

I was having lots of trouble doing left poi under right wrist (click) then under left armpit (clack) until I made that adjustment.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]