Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Major troubles learning reverse weave!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

sunflowermember
8 posts

Posted:
Hey just seeing if anyone can help me out with learning the reverse weave im still pretty new to poi but i got the reverse butterfly but im having a hell of a time getting the weave. Just trying to see if anyone has any little tricks up there sleeves for me. thx

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
the way i learnt was just to try and turn while doing the forwards weave. as your right hand goes under your left hand on your left side turn 180 degrees and just let your hands unravel. be prepared for a sore face and frustration but keep at it. I actually found it easier to learn by doing a 360 turn back into forwards weave and letting my hands get used to the feel of doing the weave backwards. eventually it will just click.
good luck with it.

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
Maybe try practicing a rev crossover, then a rev split-time crossover. Notice that on the st rev co on one side the hands are crossed and on the other they are next to each other. On the side where they are crossed don't transfer right away but wait for the lower hand to do a half-circle more then transfer. Repeat on the other side of the body.

Hope thiz helpz!

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

sunflowermember
8 posts

Posted:
Thanks you guys for your help after about two days i finally got it but I am still having trouble just going intoa smooth transition to it but im sure it will come so thanks again

KillaHill_10304member
17 posts

Posted:
Reverse weave was one of the first tricks i learned after weave and i didn't even know i could do it but the way i learned was to do normal weave and then try turn 90 degrees and the poi just go in to reverse easy peasy japanieseeee

don't worry we'll soon all go back to the gases

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
Thanx RaveN,

i am teaching a guy i know everything i know in poi trying to build a partner, lol, any way

i learnt the rev weave by turning but my mate couldnt get it when i saw your post i tried teaching it that way, well he got it in like 10 min.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

sunflowermember
8 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone i did get it and now i can finally do a full cirle so onto the next move!