poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Just nailed btb weave frd n rvs, but whats all this 5beat maddness about? I needed a 3 hour back massage to right the wrongs caused by 3beat!! Also how do I get a 7beat weave? I know its got something to do with a hand wrap but it a bit of a puzzler!

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
If you just nailed it, then it could take some time untill u can get 5 bt. 5bt is nothing. Its as hard as a normal move. I dont think any moves are harder than another, no matter how technical they are. All the advice i can give is : the more u do anymove the eaiser it is to learn new moves. Because your body/ mind get use to Poi angles.

As far as 7/-15 beats go, they are the same move. They just go round an extra time. Simple. Wraps are nothing, i hear people saying i can do 100 bt wraps and all this, who cares! All it comes down to is : Who has the biggest......string

Its when u arn't wrapping and doing 12 beats that "NOW YOUR TALKING"

Actually, learning the move is more fun than getting it. Take your time.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
If you are talking about a 5-beat btb weave you're going to have to get much more comfterable with the btb 3's as there is much more streaching involved in the 5. The btb 5 is vastly more dificult than the regular 5-beat. The best advice I can give you is to stand straight. Arch your back a bit. It is nearly impossible to to a btb 5-beat bent over.

I believe that 7-beats are pointless. I have yet to see a 7-beat weave that is performed smoothly. However, learning new moves is fun and other spinners might be impressed by this. All it is is a half wrap around your hands. From a 5-beat, instead of crossing over with your lead hand, it wraps your other hand as that hand leads accross your body.

If you wanted it non-wrap you're going to have to do a search, it has been discussed to some length recently.

[ 08. April 2003, 13:09: Message edited by: Jaeden ]

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Dio
DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Smooth 7-beat coming right up Keep an eye on the video thread!

Oh yeah, and to stay on topic... hehehe

5 beat btb I haven't nailed yet either but I have the theory down. The most similar thing I can think of is a 5 beat reverse weave, which will be done very similarly (hand flipping back over the wrist). The trick is just to let the Poi spin an extra 1/2 beat on each side and keep the "chaser" Poi (the last one to transition to the other side) close to your hip so as to avoid tangles.

When doing weaves I find that I would be doing the btb variation if I just took a normal weave, kept my hands in place, and jumped forward over them. Maybe try that!

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MrConfused
MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
7 bt btb weave is possible without wrapping, but it is damned ugly. And pointless, really, as you can't move properly with it.

Edit - sorry, just noticed you were talking about regular 7 bt. Again, it can be done smoothly without wrapping, but it's still a bit ugly. The only nice thing about it is turning from 7 beat forwards to 7 beat backwards, or vice versa, when you end up with what appears to be far too many rotations in one place

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Ok, thanks guys, that seems to be enough to go on for now, although I think maybe taking up yoga might be a good idea , to loosen my back up a bit. p.s. Ow, u r indeed a nutter!

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

coleman
colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
btb turning 5bt weave is considered by many to be one of the more technically hard moves.

i certainly would agree, especially if you do it in the wall plane.

i'll get it one day...
first i think i should probably learn it all with two, three and four beat weaves first.

[ 10. April 2003, 03:29: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MrConfused
MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:

Just a bit on the flexi side!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
can you do a 5b or 7b for all weave type moves.

like the mexican wave has anyone done that?
i think if you could it would be really cool

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.