HaZZamember
23 posts

Posted:
I'd like to know what kind of music you people liten to, while stringing or doin ya thang :-). I guess it has to do with your age and your personality, so ill start with maself smileI'm 18 yrs old, and i mostly listen to trance-based music. That's one of the main reasons i started doin this, so i can show off at events and raves... Biggest indoor trance-event, Innercity, is going to be in Holland, 29th of december, so i hope to be prepared when the time comes. :-)

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Yeah I listen to trance and hard house..right now I am listening to Paul Oakenfold live in Havana Cuba

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
anything to a good beat..I started on Rave/house music. At this point i can spin to most anything with a steady beat"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
i actually listen to stuff like deadcan dance and massive attack. -------------------nee

-nee

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
SUP GUY'S? smileTHIS IS THE THING.I CANT SPIN TO POP, R'n'B, RAP ETC. THE BEAT JUST DOESNT FEEL AS RIGHT FOR ME.SO, I LISTEN TO ANYTHING BUT.BEING A DJ (SCI-TRANCE + TECHNO ), I LOVE TUNES WITH A DIRTILY HUGE DRUM BEAT AND BASS.ANYTHING ELSE JUST DOESNT SEEM RIGHT TO SPIN TO.I AGREE THAT IT HAS LOADS TO DO WITH PERSONALLITY BUT ALSO MOOD.WHEN I'M REALLY RELAXED, NICE CHILLED TRANCE (NOT THE SHITE IBEFFAAAAAA VARIETY) SUCH AS APHEX TWIN.WHEN FEELING A LITTLE MORE ENERGETIC SOME FASTER STUFF GOES DOWN A TREAT SUCH AS: EAT STATIC, LEFTFIELD, OZRIC TENTACLES, WORLD TECHNO ALLIANCE ETC ETC. SOME TIME THOUGH, THE BEST SOUNDTRACK TO POI CAN BE THE NOISE OF THE POI THEMSELVES tongueP.L.U.R

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
i spin to goa trance, trance, hard house, chilled stuff like moby, massive attack, morcheeba, and just instruments on their own like jaw harps...it really doesnt matter if there is a beat in the music...its like dancing, u just feel the music rather than listen...i spin a lot to one of my friends music...which is just the sounds of nature mixed in with the most chilling of sounds...no beat at all...and by the way...i agree with you they do play a lot of shite trance in ibiva(bifaaaa...hehe) but they also play a lot of good hard house, goa(psy) trance and hard trance...many amasing djs have passed thru there...*smiles n huggles*goafire

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
hey guys,ever tried spinning to SOULFLY? There is a song called soulfly on the primitive album that shouts "FIRE" every few seconds and is really good to twirl to coz it has drums beats in the background.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Goa...... i also like Morcheeba to spin to too. You heard Blind (i think its called . or blindfold).And yup. i agree, some good DJ's have passed thru Ibefffaaa. I guess its just what stlye of dj'in you like. Some times the commercial DJ's play too much "upliftin" stuff. I've never heard a proper Ibefffa Dj get into some really dirty choons. All they seem to play is shite like Framga. But thats shite music. not shite DJ'in grinP.L.U.R

Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Morcheeba are delicious ( the first two albums anyway ), Air (sexy boy, Kelly Watch The Stars Pheonix remix), some nice bangin dirty drum beats, breakbeat and Bob Dylan (!?!?!....trust me....it's fun to twirl to folk rock)But, does anyone find a 140bpm tune severly restricts a fluid transition of moves in a difficult Poi routine?.....or am I just a slow wimpy englishman?!?!take care...Dan

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

plastikgirlmember
41 posts

Posted:
ANYTHING!!!!!!I can spin to OPERA if I want to.It's all about the feeling!!!!But anyway, I dont like trance and garage. Empty music. (I bet lots of people here will want to kill me after that :P) If its electronica, must be techno, house or dnb, electro, and stuff. No trance, no garage.------------------"Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Eksootic Hooka it's a hippy band. I can't explaine the type of music other then that but I dunno if it was all the umm things running though my system but I merged with the music for the first time. I felt as if my poi were the ones dancing and not me. They just knew where to go for every beat since that night I haven't been able to do half the moves they were doing that night. All I can really remember from it was that the weaves seemed to be comming apart. Like each poi was switching into it's own gear and not chasing the other. It's also the slowest I think I've ever spun. I perfer to whip them around, I've even named my kevlar wrap chains the whipper-snappers from the high speed they get and the mad wraps that I throw in with it. Linkin Park also has a tight song track 9. I haven't been able to spin to it yet but everytime I hear it I start thinking of moves in my head to the beat :P------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Its got to be Drum & Bass or some harsh acid techno, but i agree with everyone else to the extent that its got to have lots of basslines, i really like Morcheeba (and agree with backpacker2K, third album only has a few decent songs on it - its too happy clappy) Air, Boards of Canada, etc but have never tried spinning to mellow music, might be a twist i'll have to give it a go.Easy, TIM grin

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Trance all the way...Paul Van Dyk, DJ Tiesto.. mmm... trance..www.trancedepartment.com if you have highspeed to listen to some good tunes..

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~