Evil Biscuitmember
59 posts

Posted:
RESULT... YAY.... *poing*

go me... go me... go me...

for those slow on the uptake, I managed to crack the OHB last night, and a BTB one as well.. still can't weave though.. grrrrrrrrr

There is no right and wrong... only fun and boring

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Cheer up ! i could do all sorts of suff before the dreaded weave . Bec taught me the 5 beat weave 2 months a go and i can finally do it.
Thanks bec!

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Evil Biscuit:
RESULT... YAY.... *poing*

go me... go me... go me...

cant wait to see what you post when you finally get that weave.
tip for weave.
spin forwards,
cross your right hand over your left arm then follow underthe left when the left arm has come over. then move the left hand out the way.

[ 30. January 2003, 01:13: Message edited by: Sheffield Skirt Consortium ]

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Jello's tips for the weave

*warning: Jello is not responsible for any damage caused by the following tips nor is there any garuantee that these tips will produce positive results *

Here we go:

Just go crazy, I'm sure you've seen the weave before, just launch straight into it like you know what you're doing. Completely ignore all the pain, don't give it a second's attention, just keep on going through the motions you think should work. You mind doesn't want your body to get hurt, so eventually it should find a less painful way which may or may not lead to the correct way to do the weave. So there you go, learning the weave via your natural defense mechanisms

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
a contact juggler friend of mine has been around spinners for a couple of years no, he won a set of poi just before christmas at out jugglin clubs caberet night, in one stoned half hour he was doing a very neat 3 beat weave, he said because he has visualised the move for so long but only subconciously because of seeing spinners do it, he automatically knew where his hands needed to go and in what motion.
he made it look effortless, i was quite shocked to actually see him with poi, as he only contact juggles.
heres to hope for you.
leaves before this thread becomes a wevae thread.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ahem, yes, one handed butterfly. I've had this dream to be able to bring my weak little one handed butterfly behind my head. Than I'd learn this with both hands. Than, with four poi, I alternate. My only issue (yeah right, like I only have one ) is I don't know if two one handed butterflys could exist peacefully in close proximity, cause they'd eventually end up together in front forming either some kind of supper multi layed butterfly or a really painful mess.

Evil Biscuitmember
59 posts

Posted:
it's a really painful mess..

There is no right and wrong... only fun and boring

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
*just got a really fun sounding conceptual image thingie*

If you could have 2 one handed butterflies in front you could theoretically do a thread the needle type move with them where the b-fly closer to your body would wrap on the opposite arm, then you push it through the plane, bring the other b-fly back and wrap on opposite arm etc etc etc....it works theoretically, but I'd love to see someone actually pull it off.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i bet you could do a one beat bfly hyperloop with the two center chains. gonna go try. too bad i can barely do the one hander with the left hand- you guys try!

posted this in the "meteor definitive thread" and it's still about that off topic topic but hey, shoot me

i figured out an exercise to keep my weaves tighter, so in the 3+ weaves they aren't all flopping around and planing out. try doing the figure eight with your hand off center, but on the other side of center... and drive the meteor with the back, pinky side, of the hand instead of the front. this helped me enormously, immediately. after you get it, you can move your hand closer and closer back to center and do it with the back of your hand more minimally, and then you can work in throwing in the three+ beats.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.