Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Simple impressive looking routines??

Login/Join to Participate

Blindmember
13 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have simple yet impressive looking routines for me to try out. if not does anyone have any kind of routines that i could know of because i am tired of standing in one spot doing all the moves i Know and that's it. I want it to look more impressive by making or doing a set routine

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
Forward weave, fountain, wrap poi around hands once, buzzsaw, release, weave, hyperloop tuck turn, backwards weave, behind the back weave, backwards weave,180, forward weave, butterfly, butterfly weave, forward weave.

Repeat

¿

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sugested reading: #1
#2 wraps #3 videos #4
#5 movement
#6 read this
things discussed in the past 30 days that should be relevant for you to read.
hope this helps.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
have you looked inside your own head.
Or felt inside your heart while dancing.
while dancing freely and uninhibited and unself consiously.

You'll find the best routines in the world in there.

good luck finding them,

drew

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I get the feeling I keep telling people to check out the videos of Jo Derry and no one is.

Hence I'm gonna try to make it as easy as possible for ya'll

Click here Jo Derry

This guy and Dom changed the way I spin.

[ 15. January 2003, 13:23: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
as glass says the best routines are ones you figure out yourself, because they will be the ones that you can do the smoothest. It's a good idea once you've learnt say 15 moves to stop learning new ones for a few weeks and instead work on transitioning between them.

I know everyone loves learning complicated moves, but I've seen some people who can do really impressive moves but just look completely uninspiring because they stand on one spot and bring each one out to forwards spin for a few beats before the next, which just really breaks it. On the other hand, if you only know a few moves but can dance around and move between them smoothly it looks so much more impressive. Most people who you show poi to don't understand how complicated some moves are, unless you can really flow in and out of them they only look more impressive than basic moves if you are trying to impress people who have played with poi before for any length of time.

Transitions such as upper fountain, butterfly fountain are relatively easy to learn but look great, especially in photography.

Dispite anything else, as you learn transitions smoothly you find you learn more complex moves almost by accident.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, If you wanna join the Jo Derry fanclub you gotta take a number pal. I was sweatin' that kid back when he medaled on COL1.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao, jo hates those videos guys.... will get my ass in gear and run up a new flick if i still have the DV of jo.
jo needs to come play more often.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Yeah well I wasn't around for COL1 so I'll sweat Mr. Derry as much as I want.

And I'll start my own Jo Derry fan club too.

How can he hate those videos?I've been watching'em for like 3 or 4 months now and i'm still like .I really hope I'm as smooth as he is one day.

As a matter of fact I think i'm gonna watch that video again.

[ 16. January 2003, 12:13: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i too used to sweat those vids mate, dont worry about it, i still sweat him now as much as i did back then. he's still pulling off new stuff that leaves me an awe, but now it feels good for him to ask me to show him new stuff, thats life, thats respect... makes me happy that the master of all isnt alone, i am along side with him with many more people.
what about his col3 entry he one with my house mate kato? he pulls some real nice stuff, that BTB butterfly transfer thing ... many many crazy stuff i am still getting my head round.