phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Did you know you can do this behind the back?Though it isn't quite burning the nose...I'm going to call it..."BURNING THE BUM" w00t!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Did you know you can do this between the legs too?Just dont get it wrong! smile

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
And you can burn both the bum and the nose at the same time with a vertical burnoff from a staff...(no ,guys, that wasn't an inivitation to do it, it was just a joke....)------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I actualy knew you could do it btl. I call it "burning the nuts" grin------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
IF i just knew what is a burning the nose move i would try... :/

Dance like if noone were watching you

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
yes...what is this burning the nose thing???? do tellp.l.u.r.r.xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Burning the nose is.. doing a figure of eight with each poi but without them crossing over or moving your arms much.. you need shortish strings cos otherwise you'll hit yourself (or burn your nose).. anyhows hold both your arms out straight infront of you and spin the poi in the same direction (say forward) then just make them both do figure of eights in front of you by just turning your wrists in and out so that the poi come inside your arms and then out again.If that makes sense to you..Then you can do 'buzzsaw' by doing this in split time and keeping both inside for several rotations.. making both poi spin in a little circle in the same direction while inbetween your arms..Then.. if your move this to the sides you can create a kinda tube of fire or glowy stuff. (careful with fire not to move one of your arms into it!)Then.. try turning 360 while still doing it and making the tube turn into a doughnut shape around you...I'll stop now..Tom

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
You guys are bums, explore this site a bit more :Phttps://www.homeofpoi.com/newmoves.htmJo Derry explains how to do it somewhere in there.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
phunky, I found the buzzsaw but not burning the nose...which I have a quick question about.When doing the figure eights for buring the nose as Tom described, do the poi both by the nose at the same time and then both swing out, or do the poi take turns swinging by the nose, one-in-and-one-out style?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
It's your choice. You can bring them in split-time and exit split time, or you can do it single time. All preference on what you want to show.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
you also don't have to come into a burning the nose with a figure 8, It can be a weave 5 beat , windmill or whatever strikes your fancy. You can also do a burning the nose when your going from a butterfly. The only difference is when there inside your arms one is going forward and the other reverse.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

884 posts

Posted:
:0 Thanks phunky...I'm off to try the split time one. I've been doing it in time up until now.

884 posts

Posted:
:0 Thanks phunky...I'm off to try the split time one. I've been doing it in time up until now.