Mr Sock
Total posts: 94
Posted:I don't really know what propted me to do this, but i got ahold of a large (like 7 ft) pretty heavy chain, weighted the ends and started spinning it. Its kinda fun, really adds variety. A fast weave makes the chain stiffen, so you can kinda do staff-like moves with it. I'm sure someone else does this, or something else like it, any moves or ideas for me to try?------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Delete Topic

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:It's a meteor.Been done for centuries in Asia. Been discussed here lots. Look under meteors and possibly bolos.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

Mr Sock
Posted:Hey thanks!

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Delete

bobrob
Total posts: 61
Posted:meteors are great, unfortunately the weighted ends are usually pretty heavy (i think they have to be to get enough centrifugal force to straighten the chain or rope)so careful now mr sock. damage is easily done my friend.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Mr Sock
Posted:I figured out both of those aspects to meteors the first few times i played with em. First off my chain is all kindsa heavy, so i need something really heavy on the ends to feel it at all. I also figured out that unlike with strings, if you hit yourself with a sizable chain it hurts... Right now i've got my weights wrapped in socks and tied to the end, so they don't really hurt when they hit me (which happens more frequently than i would like...) You're right tho, they're great fun...
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Delete

EnigmA
Total posts: 20
Posted:Eyestorm's brother tells me that there was a guy in his school who swung a long rope with weigthed ends, he claimed that he held it in the middle and did poi like moves as well as staff moves. A meteor Hammer perhaps?

Delete

Mr Sock
Posted:sounds like it!------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Delete