AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i absoutily LOVE the weave it is sooo easy and is my base move. and recently i was playing around and came up with the idea of a 'box weave'. basicilaay i cannot do it yet but... hopefullt soon i will! anyway what i do is f weave turn 90deg and do the transition to r weave with some extra spins in the transition, and this is my base for all other moves, what i thought you could do is go from f weave to windmill to r weave to under the legs or spin at the front back it to f weave, if you can do this please tell me how becouse i really cannot get it and am rather annoied at the mo... oh and i want to say a big thankyou to malcom who being sooo kind has made my day today!! as in tohe post this morning i recived a set of poi a video and a (very nice) pen!!!! thankyou and praise the malc!!------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
whoa!!??! bad ass sounding move ....i wish i could help on this, but i havent even tried to do anything between my legs yet.but i do like doing the Weave to WM, to the Rweave..huh..under the legs and back out to forward weave..mechanically it sounds possible.I need to learn some between the leg movements...that would really add a new level to my spinning.good luck ajtagSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yep it is the legs bit that i cannot get but i got the f,windmill,r... thing going about 20 mins ago but thy it the f, trans, r, trans, f.... is really cool cos you just face forward and have the f and r weave to your sides and the trans at the front.... then try that with a 5 beat and it is really fun!!

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
I think this is similar (if not the same) as a few moves I really like.Start with a basic weave. As the poi are going to your right, turn your body to the right and get an extra cycle in behind your back. Then come back to your left and get an extra cycle in on the left side. Once you get this move down, you can throw in windmills anywhere you want.Another slight variation on this theme is to start with the forward weave. Do the extra step with the poi on your right side, but don't pull put of it. It will become a reverse weave but with the poi passing on your front and back instead of on your sides. Transition to a counterclockwise windmill, and then right into a forward weave on the left side of your body. You can go back to the counterclockwise windmill and then back to the reverse weave on your right side.As if this doesn't look cool enough as it is, you can mix it up with some giant windmills, and/or you can turn your whole body 180 degrees while doing the windmill.-p.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is hella cool..so simple, but very effective. basic moves just contorted around your body in different planes....ahhhh i love it!!!!Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I've been doin that combo for a lil while pj, i think its one of my best. Try it everyone! I didn't think to turn during the windmill though, that's definately gonna get added in. Another way to break it up a little is to do the reverse weave on your left side, switching between the reverse weave on the left and right by way of a forward weave or windmill.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.