Forums > Social Chat > This could save your life, please read it!

Login/Join to Participate

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey people.A friend sent this message to me with the hope that I would pass it on. Please read this, take note, and tell everybody!THANK YOU.here goes.......One of the leading causes of breast cancer today is the usage of anti-perspirants! It`s hard to believe, but true!Why? Beacuse.... The human body has only a few areas which it uses to purge toxins; behind the knees, behind the ears, the groin area and the ARMPITS. The toxins are purged in the form of perspiration. Anti-perspirant, as the name clearly indicates prevents you from perspiring, thereby inhibiting the body from purging toxins from below the armpits. These toxins DO NOT just magically disappear. Instead, the body deposits them in the LYMPH NODES below the arms since it cannot sweat them out. Nearly all breast Cancer tumors occur in the upper outside quadrant of the breast area. This, as you can probably guess, being precisely where the lymph nodes are located.Additionally, men are less likely (but not completely exempt) to develop breast Cancer prompted by the usage of anti-perspirants because most of it gets caught up in their armpit hair, and is not directly applied to the skin.Women who apply anti-perspirant right after shaving increase the risk by imperceptable nicks to the skin giving the chemicals direct access to the body via the armpit area.THANK YOU for reading this, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON`T USE ANTI-PERSPIRANT, PASS ON THE INFORMATION, AND MAINTAIN THE HEALTHY LIVES YOU ALL DESERVE.Peace, Love, Light and good health to all.Tony (*TOUCH*)

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Tony,where did you get this information? It certainly reads like a chain mail. Do you have any links to websites where there is some discusion of the research that must have been conducted to reach such a conclusion?Josh

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey JoshA good friend sent it to me and yes it was kinda like a chain mail, but unfortunately I haven`t looked into it enough yet myself to find a website, I`ll keep ya posted.------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Yeah, certainly does bear the scent of chain mail. Toxins purged in sweat? Hmmmm...Though, if memory serves, anti-perspirants have been under question since they contain aluminium (or compounds thereof) which in excess doesn’t do lovely things to the body.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
So, what does that have to do with either fire or poi spinning?And besides, this is nothing more than an urban legend, and one of the more common ones at that. More details, along with scientific references, can be found here:https://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/cancer.html-p.

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Breast cancer is a horrible disease and the exact mechanism for it's cause is still very much unknown. There are certainly links with several toxins such as cigarettes and other confirmed carcinogens. Unfortunately, the internet has a unique way of establishing authority and validity which may be unfounded. As a scientist, it often scares me a bit when unfounded facts and/or rumor are presented prematurely and out of context by chain letters, websites, and even local news. Thousands of scientific studies are conducted each year. Many of them are well done and contribute to our society. Some of them are not and do not. By presenting them as fact we intsill paranoia, mistrust, and misconceptions.Whenever a statement comes out to the extent of "Scientists discover that A=B!" it is usually a gross oversimplification. Science just isn't that simple. Media usually only has time for a sound bite so we get statements like: "Scientists discover that sugar causes hyperactivity in children!" followed by "Scientists discover that sugar doesn't cause hyperacivity in children!" followed by "Eggs are bad for you" followed by "Eggs are OK!" Usually followed by a Seinfeld-esque "Gee, first they say it's bad, now they say it's good... I mean... what's the deal?"The deal is: They've oversimplified a complex concept to fit it in their 5 minute timeslot.This is certainly not an attack nor a defense, simply a warning to let the reader beware.[This message has been edited by mrmo_nyc (edited 06 July 2001).]

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
I don`t see how you can see it as being such a light hearted thing PJ!Who cares what it has to do with fire. LIFE is much more important!

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
I believe it to be true! sorry to be snappy PJ but my mothers best friend is slowly dying of breast cancer, and this message got to me recently! and I believe it! SORRY DUDE------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Guys this one is definitely wrong. The bodies internal system that regulates sweating and the dispersion of toxins, has many failsafes, if you block any of the outlets waste will be redirected. No doubt if you completely stop sweating from all available glands you will have a problem. Dont believe this one and if you want more information take a look at a www.odaban.com

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Sorry peeps I`m just too gullable!------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
And dragging this thread into the realm of topical to keep it open wink I just had to bring it up again.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000311.html-xPSMx------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon