Forums > Social Chat > My First Performance!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Wow! I dont even know where to begin. I got my fire chains last week, and lit up for the very first time on Friday. I couldnt resist testing them out and getting a feel for them lit. Then some yesterday in the rain; it was awesome. First thing I have to say, I havent found anything like it in my life. I am quickly becoming addicted to fire. It has a life that one must respect; if you treat it as a being, part of you, yet apart from you... I learned so much. I was in a spiritual slump; I have been for a few weeks. The fire awakened the vigor and life in me once again. As for the performance... I went out to the beach. It is a fairly social attraction at night. There was a drum circle getting down on a wooden stage there. I didnt think it would be that crowded due to moderate rain earlier that day, but it was alive. This beach is thriving with energy. It is a very positive place, that helped awaken rhythm in me. Im rambling! smileSo I get out there, and I light up. Started getting a feel for them. Before I know it Im out of fuel... and everyone starts clapping! I look around and there is this huge crowd of people watching me... A gentleman walks up with a five dollar bill in his hand, and Im like, 'no, I'm not doing this for money'. He insists, telling me that I deserve it! smileI wasnt doing it as an actual performance, I was doing it for myself, and for some good friends that were there. I made 12 dollars tonight! I was astounded. grinI am ecstatic. I woke up late today, ate food that dragged me down for breakfast. My car died. Everything fits into place though. My car died because I am not supposed to go to the beach tomorrow (today; sunday) like I had planned. I am happy that I gave so many people pleasure tonight. I am grateful for the few that came and talked with me. I discovered how quickly I can use up kero. I ran out! Not cool. My only other problem which is somewhat major, my flames kept going out. Was I spinning too fast? I really wasnt spinning that fast though. They werent out of fuel though... I have the 102mm off this site; dont remember if it was fire fly or pure flame... Does anyone have any pointers on this one? Id like to thank everyone on here for contributing to this site; it is inspiration. ------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

FiReSpRiTemember
23 posts

Posted:
::yays for Shibaki:: smilecongrats again! you did such an awesome job last night. im glad i got to be there wink::hugs::------------------What we call human nature, is actually human habit.

Its hard not to play when theres so many toys.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey,I'm heaps glad you have found what other fire ppl do, that there is no substitute for flame smilegood work smilejosh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hooray Shibaki! smile

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Wow man good show.. Your so lucky to have a crowd, I've tried serveral times no one in my area seems to even notice me when I spin. I've lit them up in serveral differnet places tryin to get a reaction. Metroparks, The Beach in Cleveland, a small city fair where they were more then antimate that I not light them up there again. Even in my own apartments ppl just seem to look for a second and then keep on walkin, However I did feel loved at Tommy Chongs party at nelson's ledges, but no one has ever offered me money yet, and maybe a 10th of the ppl who have seen me have said how cool it is. Actually come to think of it more ppl have asked me if I'm from hawaii then have prasied me for it. I dunno maybe it's the flame colored tie-dyed shirt I always wear so I don't soak the rest of my chothles with karo. It's been alittle over a week since I first lit them up and I've used about 3 gallons of karo alrdy so yeah you can burn though the stuff with no problems. If you like to spin fast switch to the colemen fuel it's a little hardeyer for fast spins. But I don't really like using it after seeing how it lights up on the wicks, and then thinking of how much karo I get on me.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Badass man! Man I can't wait to get my hands on a fire setup. I just wish I had a place around here to spin at... I'm stuck in suburbia where people would just yell and tell me that I'm gonna burn their house down or set their children on fire. smile

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
OMEDETTO GOZAIMASU !!! as they say in Japan !Congratulations Shibaki, I know how you feel and it is so thrilling and good and... and ... and ... smileKnagi, don't do this to yourself, thinking noone notices you frown . First of all, those who notice or watch, you don't always see them yourself (not only me cause I happen to be shortsighted and all, but I think it is the same for everyone) + I found that people actually watch you or even notice you when you care less about it. As if your body language suddenly expressed more serenity and attracts the eyes more...Or do u think this is just loads of bullshit ? Maybe it is, at least I mean it ...Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ihave to light up for the first time soon!! That is a great experience that you shared with all of us...i bet it was such a rush..And i also could bet my life it was a clean set becasue you didnt even notice the people that had gathered..thats what its like when youre intoa good book, and you shake out of your trance to realize youve read about 30 pages, but dont remember turning them..very cool..very proud...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Supes, your exactly right; I busted out, and when they went out, everyone started clapping, and I realized that it was more than my small group of friends!You guys and gals are the bomb, many thanks to all.

Wow