Forums > Social Chat > you know you spin too much when...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Skrytinn_QveldrigaBRONZE Member
delectatio morosa, gaudium, desiderium
160 posts

Posted:
ok so have you ever had those moments when something completely unrelated to spinning happens and it makes you think of something to do with whatever toys you play with?

like...

i was smoking in my back yard and i was spacing out looking at one of those little plastic things that twirl around when the wind blows on them, except this one had two fans on it that go in opposite directions, and the first thing that popped into my head was butterfly antispin flowers lol

meow
biggrin happy little panda bear biggrin
peace
i love you

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
when you try antispinning anything you hold (flip flops, phones, pens, glowsticks, flutes, knives etc)

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
when you have to spend a day away from your poi and you start getting excited when you see possible spinning objects

Just a dancer in the dark

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts
Location: Anglesey, Wales, UK soon to be Lincoln, England (s...

Posted:
When you drop your staff, it takes a chunk out of your toe (as you were bare foot) and you dont flinch you just pick up the staff and carry on.

Mother in law wasnt too happy when I walked blood through the house though whoops

From Within Chaos Comes Order

CrazyMeBRONZE Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
The morning after my first burn my friend tried to wake me up and the first thing out of my mouth was "go away i wanna burn more" and thats the weirdest part, absolutley nothing reminded me of spinning....i just woke up, and wanted to run outside and burn more grin

Pie Cake Spork Avocado Guacamole Cheese Cake FIRE!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, I was hunting down the "singles" thread but this is probably a better place for this... (Who would have thought it'd have a post that could span either?)

I have somewhat of a crush on a particular female... and one of the pictures I find most attractive she is in fact... doing poi. (She rarely does but used to do clubs in calisthenics as a kid so has some aptitude for the beasts)

hug

MassHysteriaGOLD Member
FireBender
19 posts

Posted:
MNS.. out of all the pictures I have of my girlfriend and I, the one i hold truest to my heart is her holding my lit staff topless looking into the sky, it does it for me every time!This crush you have may be a keeper?? bounce2

Hmm back to my original thought,YOU know you spin to much when.... today at work i could not stop thinking about spinning and decided to tie coffee cups to the napkins we use to roll up silverware and spin them around like poi, it actually worked out pretty well and i got my quick 15 minute poi fix in... it was great!!! yes

keep on keeping on

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
She's a friend I'll keep for sure, but theres so much stuff that makes anything else very, very complicated.

I tend to find myself doing poi with my goggles at the swimming pool... but I don't really 'spin too much' ... I actually havent been doing it much at all, but I think about it a lot, still.

hug

burning_ninjanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
you know you spin too much when every waking minute of every waking hour of every waking day you see techniques flashing through your mind, nothing stops it not even sleep, welcome to my world.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

radgirl83newbie
25 posts

Posted:
Apperently when Im driving and we have music in on the car, my boyfriend says he can tell Im thinking about what moves would fit nicely with the music smile
I have also woke up in the middle of the night spinning my wrists in a 3 beat weave motion, scared the crap out of my boyfriend hehe and I have also gotten up in the middle of the night to try out moves Im practising. I also take my son to every carnival and village fair going incase there is a circus workshop where I might get a chance to spin wink

ValorothBRONZE Member
Myky S Craig
3 posts

Posted:
When you start making these...

Laura_OHareSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
When friends who know you do Poi don't ask you "do you have your Poi with you?" they ask you "Can I have your Poi?"

philisweatlySILVER Member
life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
or when they ask you to spin anything that glows

haha

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
when your friends catch you blankly staring into the air and they know you're thinking about antispins

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
When you finish a six-hour shift at one in the morning and have to fight the urge to twirl all the way home.

(I live about three kilometers from work, and most often walk home)

Kupo!

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
unrelated things remind of poi all the time too haha.
ya ive woken up in spinning motions before too. i bet dream spin sessions are amazing wish i could remember them smile
EDITED_BY: poismylove (1285396510)

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
there is no such thing as to much poi!!!!

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
I agree 120% grin weavesmiley

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
when you try to weave two coles enviro bags and your butter falls out

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
When you watch The Usual Suspects and think Kevin Spacey could totally be an awesome spinner if he applied himself...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
When you have taken your poi socks into the shower with you to wash them because you thought they were too good for the machine.

Admittedly, I would take my flowlights in the shower with me if they were waterproof.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
even then its not to much

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

skv012aBRONZE Member
stranger
15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewWhen you have taken your poi socks into the shower with you to wash them because you thought they were too good for the machine.

Admittedly, I would take my flowlights in the shower with me if they were waterproof.

Can always scrub the crystal cases, cuz those things sure get dirty.

I once considered making weighted poi to combine practice and a workout. Yet to perfect that thought.

dandipoistranger
8 posts

Posted:
I spin my camera around by its strap. Not the smartest one in the world. Also any scarf I'm wearing is subject to being spun.

"I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

FllowwBRONZE Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
What do you mean too much?? I wasn't aware there wass such thing as spinning too much. lawl

Sharnie_BabieBRONZE Member
The Cat's Pajamas and the Bees Knee's Love Child
19 posts

Posted:
Its ok Dandipoi Ive done the same thing and broke my sisters camera into a wall oppies

but I got the wake up call that I spin to much when I had to choose school or poi, my teacher thought my poi were weapons and she said if i came to school with them she wouldn't let me into class and seeing tho I don't leave the house without my poi I didn't go back to class

Oh and naming your poi I dont know if anyone else does that ?? or am I just a nutter tongue2

ChildOfPlutoSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
...when you wake up after a drunken night holding your practice poi like a teddy bear...

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
o0 did that actually happen??? But that actually sounds like something I would do laugh3

...when getting a little skin melted of your fingers bothers you less than someone writing on your hand.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

richiiStick spinner
43 posts

Posted:
When your friends assume you have staffs with you even when your obviously not carrying any.
When i didn't take any staffs out with me came home and my mum accused me of losing them.

joolseyGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
When you think that wearing NASA Diapers while you practice is a good idea to eliminate the need to put down the poi and waste time going to the toilet.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
*boggles*

you're one up on me there - I guess I don't spin too much at all grin

Page: