Page:
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Woodford is coming up again!

Dec 26 - Jan 1

Great music, fantastic people and lots of circus goodness!

biggrin

https://www.woodfordfolkfestival.com/

I know its early days - but I am already excited!!!!

Who is looking at going this year?!

juggle

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
EDIT: I did it! I wrote!
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1197251704)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Also, I was just up at Woodford this weekend for programmers/organisers meetings and the launch of the official construction period..Plus a few hours hard labour pulling weeds to set up my own campsite.
Been lots of rain, so it's beautiful to see everything so green!

BUT
I really want to flag with you happy festivalians, specially those of you who live in droughty dry places, that the damp/cloud/humidity is likely to continue. The festival runs really well, rain or not... but for your comfort, bring along some plastic painters sheets/cheap tablecoths or similar to line/cover your tent, and other sensible wet weather things.
Cheers!
G

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Um, is there going to be any way of getting to the festival -other than getting a taxi- tomorrow that anyone knows of?

No local buses or anything? No-one heading over that may have car space?

Or tonight- I fly in to Brisbane airport about 5pm-ish..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Normally you could take the train to Caboolture and get someone to pick you up from the station. But there was a derailment yesterday...with toxic chemicals.. and no one knows when they will be back. So they are having shuttle buses instead.
I don't know of anyone driving up, sorry! There is a possibility that I will be going up on Friday afternooon, but it is not definite, depends on a few things.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hm.. Well, if anyone does know anyone going (or that could pixk me up from Caboolture), I'll stick my phone number in my profile- please give me a ring!

I really do need to get up there tomorrow- I should have been there 3 days ago already, but I couldn't change my flights. eek

If that's okay with you?

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Don't suppose there are any kind souls driving back up to NQ after the festival?
With space for two?

Getting excited bout the whole thing already... definately overshadowing the whole 'c' word biggrin

hug

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
less than a week to go yay...can't wait to see everyone, have a good christmas.

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

Blayzen ButterflyGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I'm volunteereing at woodford ment to be starting at 8am boxing day. Trying to work out how to get there but not sure if I'm flying in to Gold Coast or Qld yet. If anyone has space for an extra in there car or can give me some advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

bounce2 hug

"You dozed, and watched the night revealing
The thousand sordid images
Of which your soul was constituted"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Blayzen, post where and when you are arriving: might help you get a lift! Also, If you are end up having trouble getting to the site on time for your first shift, let the Festival know. 8 am Boxing Day is a really busy time and it would suck for them to be a helper down.

As for me, I am leaving tomorrow with a first load of Circadia stuff, then coming back with a Large Truck to bring the rest of the toyfest up. Blankies and lighting rigs and set dressing and boxes of diabolo and... and...
Hope I remember my power cord wink

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Only few days now smile Am really excited to see what circadia has in store this year- sounds like it will be fantastic Gabe!
A few of us are making the trek by train/bus early on the 26th- anyone else who is without a lift is welcome to join us smile
Yay! Woody!!!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Gabe!!! Pack the power cord now! hug kiss kiss

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

A few of us are making the trek by train/bus early on the 26th- anyone else who is without a lift is welcome to join us smile

Where from?
Brisbane?

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
yes.. sorry! Brissy!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK that's it, I'm just about to leave with a huge van full of STUFF for Circadia... and will be offline now till after the festival... give or take an unpredictable moment...
So.. anyone need anything, call my mobile.. if you don't know the number... um... see you there!
Cheers
Gabe

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
Hey!
arriving brisbane on the 26th at 12:30 to central bus station and looking for a ride to woodford, happy to share costs, and drive if needed. 2 people + backpacks and a bit. please PM me.
thanks!
oren & fulvia.

Love, Love, Love...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Have fun!!!!! hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Having a blast so far guys! Back home again, but shall be back at the festival in the morning for a volunteer position. Hurrah!

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
OMG Tone, I've just realised I've met you without knowing who you are!

ARGH! eek

Happy Woodford New Year to everyone who's now home!

(Still on site at the moment)

hug hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Home. Washing. There be hippies hehe

And what is this strange substance under my feet... f.l.o.o.r???? That doesn't slide around when I walk on it and squoosh up me boots wow

What a festival!! How can so much happen in one week so quickly!

Back up tomorrow to bring down the last truckfulls of gear and settle in for a few more rainy days at home with sundry tasks like cleaning bean bags of New Years Eve fiery devil muddy mayhem.
Thanks so much to everyone who came and helped and enjoyed.
Circadia for the win biggrin

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
The festival was on TV! Looks like everyone was having fun, even though I didn't see any twirlers there. Hope you all enjoyed yourself!

Kupo!

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

And what is this strange substance under my feet... f.l.o.o.r???? That doesn't slide around when I walk on it and squoosh up me boots wow

Yeah, I had that exact same feeling too when I got back into the city... And the buildings... and the lack of hippies... it almost feels weird :P hahahah

Written by: newgabe

Circadia for the win biggrin

QFT!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Yeah.. just walked through Brisbane covered in mud and giggling.. everyone started giving me funny looks which just made me worse..
Bumped into another guy who'd just got back as well.. never met him before, but we just took one look at each other then burst out laughing.. biggrin

If that's okay with you?

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
well I'm tiered and sore but i had so much fun....ubbrollsmile

being home is great i miss being around so many amazing people but i am so glad not to have to deal with mud. i love tiles and carpets and floor boards there the best invention ever.

Hope everyones recovering well and thank you so much to Gabe and all the teachers for being so inspiring thankx see everyone at UberOZ3 yes im already counting down the months....josh and i might come to Sydney we haven't decided yet we'll have to see when we get paid, big love to everyone. grouphug

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
hi, all. smile

i haven't introduced myself properly yet (i promise i will soon!) but i thought i'd pop into this thread to say that i was at woodford & i loved the circadia tent!

woodford was all about circadia, for me. i had my little boy, smiley, with me the whole eight nights (we set up camp on the afternoon of christmas day) & we must have spent hours at the circadia tent. smiley sat there watching all the action for much longer than i thought he would.

he was inspired to ask for a diabolo & decided he wanted to busk with it. his diabolo skills are near zero, but the cuteness factor of a little blond four year old doing his best was way high. lol!

i managed to attend two beginner poi classes & loved it! it's all about poi for me, now. i didn't even know what they were before that. hehe. smile

i met a girl there at circadia by the name of maddie. actually, smiley met her first in the bleachers when i was doing the second poi class. she had a baby lorikeet with her. i think she might be a member of this forum .. ?

anyway, pleased to meet you all & i hope i'll know who some of you are by next year's festival! smile

when i grow up, i want to be a circus freak.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Ferrous! Great to meet you!
Come down the the South Bank Suncorp Piazza on monday nights and you will meet lots of lovelies. Bring Smiley with you!

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
i'd love to come into the city on monday nights! i saw the thread about this regular meeting & it sounds like a great night.

you know, as i sat in the circadia tent at woodford & saw all the amazing talent going on around me, it felt like finally coming home & i thought to myself, 'i want to grow up to be a circus freak.'

lol! biggrin that could so be taken as an insult, but i have a feeling that others in this forum know where i'm coming from. hehe.

anyway, my point being that i'd love to bring smiley along to hang out with some 'real' people. smile

it's on this monday night, so soon into the new year already?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
How on Earth could anyone take being a 'Circus Freek' as an insult - were ALL freeks and proud of it!!
Still at Gabes for the extended Woodford after party and ongoing clean up workshops.
You all ROCK
It was a pleasure to meet many of you.
Roll on this years
BIG love and see you all around
Peas
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Hello miss ferrous... see you found it without being sent the link!
And a massive hello from Ford too smile

Thank you to all who put it together... inspired hug
x

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Looper

Hello miss ferrous... see you found it without being sent the link!

i did, indeed! i did a search on poi & when i came across this place, it sounded familiar. my memory must be better than i think. lol! biggrin

Written by: Looper

And a massive hello from Ford too smile

& how is young ford? did he survive his trip to woodford without too many ruffled feathers? hehe. smile

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Arrrrr, I'm missing woodford already frown

Page: