Forums > Help! > fuel - apart from Kero

Login/Join to Participate

Raychee PaycheeBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Apart from using Kero, i've heard that a combination of citronella oil and lighter fuel can be used which is less smoky. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks weavesmiley

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I haven't tried mixing citronekla & lighter fuel together but a smokeless & least-toxic alternative to that is Shellsol T.

Since you live in Sydney I have no idea where the nearest place to get it from is, but somebody else on this board may know smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Raychee PaycheeBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Thanks Brenn. Is this similar to fire sol? Know where i can get that from but an inconvenience. Thanks again. ubbloco

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
That sounds revolting, untried and a lot more trouble than its worth.
Bite the bullet and use firesol/shellsolT/d60 (all very similar, they are all brand names so differ according to who is selling to whom) And read one of the many threads already on this topic first, eh, cos this has all been discussed so many times!!! If it is inconvenient to get clean, tested fuel then buy it in 20l or even 200 litre drums and it will last longer.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Bite the bullet and use firesol/shellsolT/d60 (all very similar, they are all brand names so differ according to who is selling to whom)

Thanks Newgabe for reiterating that. I was going to suggest D60 as a cheaper alternative to Shellsol T but I have not personally tested it so I didn't mention it smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy