Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok then I'll get the 9.40 am train over. I think thats the first train after 9am and the save tickets can be used. I'll check tonight and send you a message to confirm it.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
So is there a plat fields poi meet for the saturday? I havnt been in this thread for weeks, having trouble catching up.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i read it all the time and i find it hard to follow

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
saturday is definatly a meet smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Saturday meet!! Very excited, and like I said, going to Poptastic in the evening... Just an open invite for all those who think they might wanna go / or can get in!

hug Happy Birthday Jen!! hug

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: loki.c1687

i read it all the time and i find it hard to follow

ubblol come on Mike, you know what we're like - but it always comes good in the end...

Re; Saturday, looks like the weather is going to be kind to us so we can do Platt Field - probably for the last time this year frown

Meet at 4 - Jen will be in the pub (Hardy's Well or whatever it's called) so either meet there or by 'our' tree by the church - and it gets dark so early now we'll be firing it up by 7, back in the pub at 10 then wherever afterwards - any suggestions?

Oh god I'm doing it again aren't I? Lil Miss Organised strikes again! ubblol Sorry guys, but once someone posts they're confused I have to do it!

As for Friday, at this rate you 2 will be getting me out of bed! Put 'knocking me up' first but thought better of it ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yay drinky phoos! Hmm your right this might be the last meet this year, at least at manchester at the very least! Better make this a goodie eh, an i'll have to stop being so bloody shy!

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Someone's got to organise us Elaine!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
What do the Machester lot think about mabe helping out with this excellent cause???

[Old link]

Gayle.....!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
We sure should try and do something - lets have a pow-wow over the weekend and see what we can come up with.

And Joe, we don't stop the meets in the winter, just move location to the Gasworks cos there's shelter from the weather

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
you could come see me at work im fire dancing at bedlam again this sat....come see me coz i know you all miss me?
mike.c

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
You people blow me away! Thank you all or even thinking of helping Froggy hug

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I have an idea how about on sat we all meet in Piccadilly at about 3/4 ish then rope of bit of grass like we did for the tsunami appeal we raised quite a bit for that.

just an idea what do ya all think

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
I dont think that'll work no more tobi the eho officers rlly dont like fire dancers in manchester they have been all over me since i started working around manchester so just be careful....but if you do start that why not go up near the libary near teasers there is that grassy bit with an seating rising seating area and afew bars are knocking around there so you'll get more if your goin to till abit later.
mike.c

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
^I'm with both of you here... We could do both, in picc till we get moved on, and then go where mikey suggests. I'll be there with bells on!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ah poo, my brothers having his stuopid 21st birthday on saturday so i have to go to it, this blows ide much rather go spinning in manchester than this.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
A bit harsh on your brother seeing as it's his 21st :umm
I'm with Pete - we'll be able to judge the public's generosity in Picc Grdns - remember last time it was an international cause, this time it will be veiwed differently by many.....

Only one more sleep til Gayle & Skully invade us! bounce bounce2 biggrin

For those of you coming to mine on Friday, bring beer but don't worry about food - doing a barbie n stuff devil

Euonymous Europeus

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
mmmmm! B-B-Q! mmmmm!

One more sleep bounce, one more sleep bounce2, then 4 hours drive frown

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
But we get to be silly all the way and sing cheesy road songs and do the Thelma and Louise road trip thingie....well all apart from the killing someone and the driving off a cliff bit.

bounce yay bounce one more sleep bounce

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is anyone coming to this weekends Manchester meet from Nottingham? If you are would you be able to bring my Hula Hoop from G's house please biggrin I'll make it worth your while in chocolate if you do hug

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

A bit harsh on your brother seeing as it's his 21st :umm

lol no not if you knew him, he's a complete ass hole

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
joe be nice he is still your brother even if you dont get on...

skully i would prefer if you and gayle didnt do the whole drive off a cliff bit please

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

simonhattonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hey people, is anyone goin in the afernoon on sat? i have to work in the gay-ed evenin, +it my first meet.....how nerve racking!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
aww bless hug lol, im sure we can arrange peeps to meet up with ya smile

what times the meet starting on sat then guys?

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
We meet at 4 - is that early enough for you? We don't bite - not on the first meet anyway biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
awwwwwwww let me bite the newbie Elaine! Come on! Its not like I am a regular Manchester meet go-er. I might not have the chance to do it again before he is an oldbie biggrin

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Down Skully... DOWN!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: liquid_bubblegum

joe be nice he is still your brother even if you dont get on...

skully i would prefer if you and gayle didnt do the whole drive off a cliff bit please

oh thats so rich, and just like robert. He called me up half an hour ago (hes a manager at the place i used to work) and asked me to come in and wash up for his 21st, lol as if im gonna, only he would have the nerve to ask me to come in, and get annoyed at me and start talking to mum n dad behind my back, couse he reackons i'll be manipulated into doing it.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Ohh... It can be the Gary and Jen (Liquid Bubblegum) meeting committee!! We can meet ya at the train station or summat simon, and then give ya a lift to the park, unless you happen to be in Rusholme already?!

Will check the thread 2mozza to sort summat!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Have a fun weekend everyone, I'll be there in spirit smile

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Page: ......