Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
People say oo much for this Mill to read, still not online this is Stolen net I'm using.

I cant figure out whats going on

Tobi you know my sofa/floor/shelf is yours if you so need it anytime, your good for it I know!

Anyhoo better go got a civilian to look after!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
is anyone going to nottingham this weekend?

if so how're you getting down?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Lemming, I bet me and Jen will be able to pick ya up from the station, can't we Jen? We'll be like the new welcoming committee and taxi service...

Prob not doing Nottingham, so can't help ya there Havokist, and Elaine ta for the invite... Have PM'd ya wink

My place is also up for grabs if anyone needs a bed in Manchester on the Saturday night...

Hey Mill! Enjoy entertaining your civilian wink

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I have heard its a female civilian... wink

If its still OK Elaine hun, I would love to come over for friday night... T'would be fuuuun.

I'll bring balloons... Cake?

And is it likely to be tentage?

Cheers ubbrollsmile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i rlly want to come on the 15 but i wont be there for long ill get there between jobs for afew hours
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Yeah! Me, Flash and Loki can talk musicals! ubblol

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oh Dear God....... Elaine should we just go out and leave them to it.... if they make me watch Carousel I'll cry! ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol no carousel i promise!

Gayle.....!

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Ohhhh Musicals... And you're right flash... It is a girl civilian... Bless him! He looked chuffed as chips when I picked him up on Saturday!!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
mybe we could do are own with fire and flash tap dancing.... we may need to start casting
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Indeed...

Oh, and I just downloaded Once More With Feeling onto my iPod!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
whos getting the train to notts? if anyone wants to organise meeting up or summut gimme a shout smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Only one more week until Gayle and I invade Manchester. Better find good hiding places under the bed for when we knock the door. If we can see even an inch of you sticking out we won't go away until you open up and let us in!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblol ha, but you gottas find us first biggrin

Musicals are only allowed if the King and I is in and Grease is out!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooooooooo so you are a fan of Mr Brynner are you? I saw him live in London at some theater or other in the King and I when I was at school. I think it was the Theater Royal...... but I could be wrong. We were so far back up in the Gods that we couldn't see Buddha head because the top of the stage obscured him ubblol Ahhhh wonderful school trips were so much fun biggrin

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Well done Pete for doing Once more with Feeling... My other fave is Rent, seen it about 5 times (2wice in NYC *oooo check me out!*)

They're doin a movie of it soon... What a sing along we shall have... Me and Dave were singing Once More with Feeling coming back from Liverpool last weekend... Poor Millhouse... He didn't know the words!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
There's a theater company in San Francisco that's doing a live production of Once More With Feeling at the end of the month. Rather looking forward to that.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yul Rules!!! Oh God - Musical Wars ubblol

Anyhoo folks - this is supposed to be a thread about meets offtopic

Tobi say yes to Friday night at mine - woo hoo!

I'll be home all day, so whenever you guys rock up is fine with me - Gayle & Lynne won't get here til 8.30 ish anyway, but open house....

Don't know what time Tobi's working til so will you sort out getting here?
Trains are 24 past the hour from Piccadilly with an extra one at 4.50

Going back on Saturday they're 25 past the hour every hour.

Sorry - can't make this a general invite, my house isn't big enough, but those that don't come we'll hopefully see on Saturday in Platt Fields....

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Elaine, would the best thing for me to do is to get to manc and then go from there by train or waht, is it easier comingf rom hull from another place, whats the name of the nearest train station to you again?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
or meet me.... i know where to go etc.

anyways guys, for all those goin notts who havent sorted transport, were gonna be meeting say around 11 tommz and the picadilly station pub thing.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Will - station is northwich and thtere's a few coming in from Manc:
Tobi, Jenna, Millhouse, Havokist and GazzaBee - Gary may well drive so if you can meet up and do that it's a lot quicker - suggest you all let him know what time you can leave manc and see if it ties in with him etc

Devilstar's comingin from Colne I think

Pete's coming from Ellesmere Port and Cantus, Ro, Gayle and Skully will already be here biggrin

And everyone else - newbies and oldies - we'll see on Saturday for a mass burn biggrin bounce

e
x

Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ohh its all getting a bit hecktic with the juggling lark I found out yesterday that today is the Manchester juggling convention in Chorlton at the water park its six quid and BEARD will be there,
damn jugglers and the last minute arrangements!

Speaking of last minute plans if anyones in Manchester still do you fancy coming to Gatecrasher on sunday?

Elaine I will be there with my cider on Friday it just has to be, also Ali says she'l come along as long as Cantus says he wont wind her up about being a civilian!

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug
Cant wait to see you guys all of you miss you's lots!
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

Ali says she'l come along as long as Cantus says he wont wind her up about being a civilian!

ubblol do you think he can behave himself for that long!

Gayle.....!

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Ok... Peeps Re: Elaine's on Friday...

I'm gonna be driving down on Friday from Manchester around 1930 ish

So far in the car I have got:
Jen, but I can fit another 3 in, as long as you don't all bring massive staff and unicycles wink
I thought I would reserve a place for Tobi (Have text him), as it is his birthday and everything, so counting up, that gives me 2 places free.

First come first serve!!

G x

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Now have 1 place free...

Jen and Millhouse are in there... Place still reserved for Tobi... Clock is ticking!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Can my Unicycle have that Place?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Shall I drive round to your place first Mill and see if we can fit it in? I know how you missed it last time, and if Ali isn't coming, you'll have to make sure you've got something to cuddle at nite time!!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Only 3, yes 3 more sleeps bounce bounce2

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have a stinky dead rat in my kitchen that I can't get out. Its wedged between a wall and a kitchen cabinet. The gap is so small its almost impossible to get at it. The smell is so bad that if I don't get it out by the end of the week I'm staying in Manchester and never going home again biggrin So Elaine, I'll be bringing my cat and belongings and moving in with you forever ubblol

Gayle I might be able to get friday morning off too now so I might be able to get to Bristol earlier. Just how early can you leave work?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i've got the day off now as well so whenever you can arrive would be great!!!!!

Suddenly even more excited! bounce2

Gayle.....!

Page: ......