AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
has anyone thought about trying to tell a story with their poi. after a while my trick base has slowed in its progress so i got to thinking about trying to spin up a yarn. it certaintly makes new combinatios more interesting and breaks down the limits placed on trying just visually cool looking stuff. have you been trying similar stuff

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
huh?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mm well I guess enacting battle scenes and seduction would be easy enough...and I think experienced twirlers sometimes do this to break up a set stylistically. It would have as much to do with your body language as your poi I guess.Josh

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
You could probably do the Macarena with poi...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Check the website by the Finnish fire troop "Tulikansa"... maybe that's what you meant.www.tulikansa.comthey seem quite interesting to me , mixing mythology with fire performance ...has anyone seen them perform a beltane for example ??don't know if this is what you meant though !Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
maybe we should all start twirling to peter and the wolf... grin

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
I saw a Mauri traditional poi dance where they used long poi to act out the flight of a bird. I like the website Cassandra, they look really great; i love magical/mythical stuff. i can always see 'mythical' creatures in people. i dont think what we call 'mythical' creatures really are mythical - i believe in fairies etc.. (actually ive seen one but when i tell people this they think im mad). Id even go so far as to believe that we could have been/will be reincarnated within the magical realm. anyhow, as with magic, anything is possible - use your imagination and creativity, good luck with the 'poi play'!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
so are you a lover or a fighter josh. its one or the other. i'm thinking your're a wannabe lover.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm neither - I'm just a wannabe.Josh