GlowJedimember
13 posts

Posted:
Has anyone every just lost the urge to perform. I've been spinnig for the last 1 1/2 years, and I've gotten everybody in towm to start dancing. Yet as more and more people twirl, I just get worse and worse about dancing. Where before I was spinning for serveral hours straight a night, and learning something new everyweek, now I spin for maybe 15 minutes to 30 min. Do any of you have and suggestions on how to get the drive back.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Spin for yourself. Get your favorite set of music, and a bunch of fuel and your equipment and go out into a field and do it..you will enjoy yourself, and remember why you started..at least that works for me when I get sick of it..

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Well if you taught alot of people in your town to do it and you see them often, you might be doomed. Usually i stop doing sumthing if it becomes a craze or "the thing to do".

We are defined by the choices we make

Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
Similar thing happened to me; I took a break for a month and didnt touch em. Went out last night and had a ball, and learned a bunch of new things too.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
definately dude. I hit that plateu, and there was a stretch of about 2 monhs i didnt practice or even have the urge to at all. Then one day i just had this vision of a new move. So i picked them up and started spinning. The move wasnt feesable but i gt all back into spinning.I think its like that with alot of things. Especially when you have been doing them for a while. Its a small form of burn out. Youll be addicted again in no time, just like the restof us.."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
well at least you have your health... i tore a ligament in my shoulder yesterday, so no more spinning for me for a while at all! frownWhy don't you try taking up a new toy? meteors are a good thing to do after poi, apparently. + a lot harder...+ there's always stuff like poi with handles instead of straps so you can toss them, and other variations.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt say lost the urge... there is no greater feeling for me then spinning and having an audience,and hearing everyone cheer me on.I guess I just like seeing peoples reactions and praises when I get through spinning.Glowjedi, I feel kinda the same way, Ive been spinning for 9 months and I already tought all the neighborhood little kids how to spin glowsticks because they see me practice so much at night.What keeps me going is knowing that there is new tricks to be learned and new audiences to show,thats just me though...hope that helps some-Erica grin

Its not easy being green....

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
visiualise yo self having an incredible spinn. not fire. design and create your most inspiring set of poi. then get crafty with it. make that set and set yo self free.this came to me during one of my hiatises and once you start the set you can wait to see them in action. think colors textures length. my most beautiful pair has this incredible natural colored (browns) tail of fluffy flowing feathers. best of luck------------------bring yoself cause you always need it.

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

babesnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Put them down for a week or to, don't touch them what so ever. Then when you feel like you want ot get back to spin pick them up go to a near by field and spin all by your self. confused ubbidea ubbloco biggrin

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: babes

Put them down for a week or to, don't touch them what so ever. Then when you feel like you want ot get back to spin pick them up go to a near by field and spin all by your self. confused ubbidea ubbloco biggrin

This thread was last posted in 5 years ago!

Why resurect it confused
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1150659603)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol
I hope you're not still bored of poi!!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Necromancy? eek

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Jesus H. Christ

I help those who help themselves!

Word from the G man.

Hoo-ya!

I'm sure Christ didn't have a very good view of necroposting though. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Forum Necromancy - How delightfully wickid.

I lost the urge to spin, and didnt pick up poi for months on end, now im determined to get two moves learned - The Reverse 3 Beat Weave (since MintSouce demanded I learn it) and the Butterfly Kick (anoyne got a better name for that one? You do a butterfly, and wrap it around your leg, and pull it up immidiatly before you tangle. It reverses the direction of the Butterfly)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?