Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Thread the needle, more than 5 beats

Login/Join to Participate

Dementiamember
8 posts

Posted:
ive been experimenting with thread the needle and its variations, such as behind the head and behind the back. i can do a simple between my legs move to link them, but is there anyway to just constantly move thru my legs ? and ive heard about a 7beat that doesnt involve any wrapping... how?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi Dementia,

there are two other threads on this very subject that are in very close proximity. Do we really need another to confuse things.

I know they are 4 and 6 beat threads but more is going on in them.

I too have the same thoughs and questions about a ttn with more than 4 beats by the way and would love help too.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I once saw this guy do a bf infront of him. He then stepped over it with one leg so that it was then behind him and btl. He then stepped over it with his other leg, tuning another 180 so that it was once again infront of him.

I can't do that so this is all the help I can give.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Dementiamember
8 posts

Posted:
Tempest, I got your msg, dont sweat it. i just hadnt had a chance to write back on this one. Ive figured out the 4beat thread both forwards and backwards in front. I can do the regular thread behind my head, but not behind my back or between my legs yet. ive seen someone step through the thread the needle and go to their back and thread behind them which i thought was amazing, and thats what i was asking about. what i meant in the other part of titling this Topic was more than 5 beats in the normal weave. i can do a 5 beat weave and i want to do more than 5 but i dont understand all this business about Elbows and such.