Forums > Videos > Interview with Nick Woolsey

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I got home today and checked youtube and saw that Nick had favorited this video. It looked interesting and I watched it and I feel that it is something that all, especially beginners should see. It made me smile smile

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
thats true. whenever i learn a new move thats hard i get like a little with candy and get super excited. but just spinning poi by itself also make me really happy too smile it feels right

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I feel the same way. But it was a lot fmore fun actually when I first started. It was an overflow of joy whenever I learned the newest simplest thing, I miss that feeling frown

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
one solution. invent new things! Ive been trying but ill get this great idea in my head and realize my body cant go into that position unless i remove my bones.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah I try to, not always successful sometimes am. But I haven't had the satisfaction of actually having to work on something in so long. I really only have one thing I want to learn that seems impossible right now that I work on now and then until my head/face is in to much pain from being smacked.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
haha ya im having the face smacking problem with meltdowns. tricky little things.

2,280 posts

Posted:
For me it's a 4petal antispin flower pirouette, but keeping it all on the same plane. I've seen it only in one video, I don't know anyone who can do it.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
ha ill have to figure that one out as soon as i learn antispin. my goal for 2010 before my 1 year is over.

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitFor me it's a 4petal antispin flower pirouette, but keeping it all on the same plane. I've seen it only in one video, I don't know anyone who can do it.

I'm with you. There's plenty of people who can do it here though. I think that makes it more annoying.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
it makes it something new to learn for me. and once i can do a good antispin flower i can do a bunch more stuff ive been wanting to do smile

userjaystranger
7 posts

Posted:
Cool video.

Maybe if you are somebody like Nick but Ive never had the problem of not having something new to learn. I have a youtube playist of like 50 videos at the moment of new things that I can learn and those are just the concepts that I feel like learning. Ive been too busy learning and making up stuff on my own to even look at it most of the time. Unless you consider yourself a master then just look harder for new things to learn.

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Word!

ninja

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I think, even if there are new things to learn which, given time and creativity I think there will be, sometimes you reach a point where you feel like there isn't. Or perhaps someone like me, who when compared to skill levels is still pretty close to beginner, just gets overwhelmed with all that there is to learn and doesn't know quite which way to go at any given moment.

It's probably all mental anyhow.

With me, honestly, I love learning, and I love teaching, often I can teach better than I can do but.... I get bored practicing for hours by myself. If I practice with someone, just to chat with them or bounce ideas off them is nice. This is one of the reasons my poi and often juggling skills don't advance as quick as others, not because I don't understand, but because I hate practicing alone.

I'm no longer sure if I have or had a specific point, but I haven't quite woken up yet and.... sometimes I ramble.... lol.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
never said there arent new things to learn. im still noob compared to some people at poi. like i said i havent even learned antispin flowers yet haha tongue2 and i got a whole batch of stuff im working on. hopefully done with most of it before the years over and i can move on to some really techy stuff like ive been wanting to.

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
I think this video says much more than is sad by Nick. I think,
it's about personal development and uderstading yourself.

It clearly say spinning, like any other activity brings an unique
experience. It's about the life, no matter what you do.

--------------

I think it's very inportant for a spinner to no forget about
the world 'outside of the circle', cause spinning is only
a reflection in the mirror.

--------------

I think here failed again Rob your holistic vision,
but I love you for this way, same I love you Meg
for the uber tech way.

good night,

ninja