poicrazynewbie
2 posts

Posted:
The problem is that using kerosene is producing a lot of smoke and smell. Is there a particular fuel that can be used that is less problematic but still effective?

any ideas are welcome!
thanks

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
there's lamp oil which is a little more expensive, but just as safe and cleaner (take the poi out after you're finished though!)

poicrazynewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your reply Poiboy!
Is there any particular brand that is better then others as I've been told that lamp oil does not produce a sizeable flame?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Many ppl in Aust use D60/70 and other products. Less smell , less smoke. Where are you from.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
wrong forum?

However, Poi indoors is only recommendable with ventilation above average and (very) low odour paraffin or colemans fuel. It really depends on the location and it's size. In an average private residence I would not recommend to spin fire at all, whereas inside a loft or larger facility I don't see much of a problem.

Please (if you attempt to do it) take extra care on fire safety (fire blanket and extinguisher), least I want to read about is "Poicrazy found charred"...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink