LadyDayBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
How heavy are your sock poi?

Wondering how much weight should I out into my newly bought sock poi? I don't want them too bouncy, but heavy enough to be stabile.
How do you fill in your dried beans (or whatever you use), but them in a sock with a knot on and then inside the sock poi or?

Cheers

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
safe i have a few a diff weights betwwen 90g - 140g, depends what you want, the heavier they are the slower they will spin but the more momentum they will have when there faster, also better for iso's. i fill balloons with rice or sand, i use a funnel and chopstick plus once you have it at your required weight suck the air out of the balloon then tie it, i feel this gives you a nicer ball (not necessary its my personal preference really. then i also but that balloon into another balloon so i can just stick the poi in the wash without taking the balls out (easier when you have weighted handles)

hope that helps

smile

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I use 110 gram juggling balls in my poi.

If I'm feeling particularly lazy then I'll use a shop bought ball, otherwise I'll make my own using the patterns here.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

genesis530stranger
1 post

Posted:
Rubber raquet balls (not tennis balls, the smaller rubber ones) are always easy... you can fill them up with beans (i use lentils). Just make a small cut and squeeze it make the opening wider. You can glue it shut but its not necessary. They're pretty sturdy. You can even feed knotted rope through with a fishing swivel on one side and a washer on the other to clip onto your ropes. Cost about $3 for 3. Just made some fresh ones today.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
I like 100 grams. I use 14 inch balloons with water in them. They do not pop because the balloon could expand to a much greater size than the water takes up. Really 100g of water is a lot less than you would think. My last balloons lasted me 6 months of daily spinning

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.