Forums > Videos > First video - 5 weeks into spinning

Login/Join to Participate

DavidspoiBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Not the best - first time spinning infront of video, first time actually seing myself spin. Im at about week five of spinning and starting to work on the moves im doing before learning more.

I see my plains need some work. Oh and i start to speed it up and hit myself hard at the end hehehe.

Anyways nothen special but thought id share smile

https://www.uccrossbows.com/media/spinning_0001.wmv

Is the link opens in windows media player smile

David

postingalwayspostingBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
awww thats good david, i have only been doing it a few weeks and can only do half of that, keep it up weavesmiley

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
You're on the right track there, and according to your intro thread you're putting in the practice time too. Good on ya smile

Seeing as how you have both the fwd. and rev. three beat weaves down, now you need to learn how to turn these things. Eventually, you'll be able to spin 'round like a record baby. Now might be a good time to work on the windmill ( and giant too ) because this move coupled with your weaves is going to open a few more doors when it comes to the whole idea of flow.

Good job on experimenting with taking the butterfly back behind your shoulder and working with it in split time.Don't forget, the BF can be done in both directions and soon, you'll discover how to turn that move too.

Edit, Oh, and don't be afraid of spinning slowly. In my experience MOST people tend to spin too fast at the start and spinning slowly gives you just that much more time to think about what you're doing
EDITED_BY: stout (1156431326)

Skater_Rock_Chicmember
32 posts

Posted:
wewll done ...bravo biggrin

i am the bearer of one A* GCSE, 8 A's, 4 B's and one C!! biggrin YAY!!

X X x LoVe YOu aLL x X X