Forums > Videos > First time with firewire

Login/Join to Participate

AnthsonSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
I just made this video today. It's been extremely dry here in Texas due to a really bad drought situation we've been in. We had two steady days of good rain, though, and I decided to whip these out and give them a try.

This is my first time with fire. Up until now, it's all been practice with fuzzy orange tennis balls. Hope you have fun watching it. The video isn't the greatest of quality as I had to actually take a video of the video using my digital camera. I should have the hi-res version straight off the actual camcorder in a few days. I just couldn't wait to show everyone, though.

https://www.manascrewed.com/firewire.MOV

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
yo... brave to spin fire wire, but just to give you some advice: if you're spinning sparklies for an audience / camera, always keep in mind where the camera is and do butterflies facing the camera, weaves with the cam to the side, etc. It creates a better image. The feeling I got with your vid is that it's rather messy... but that's all due to camera angle in this case, I suppose. And don't let the sparklies overwhelm you... you seem to be lacking the control and "stance" necessary to brave the pursuit of sparkly domination.

oh my wink

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

AnthsonSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advice! =]

Yes, I was pretty nervous doing this for the first time. I stuck to what I know I don't mess up: three-beat weaves and turns. The whole situation with the sparks was very overwhelming, as you mentioned. I get the feeling I will be much more clean next time.

I'm surprised you could tell how messy my movements actually were, given the low quality of the video. You have a keen eye for this stuff.

Thanks again for the tips! I should have the hi-res version in a few days.

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
dude, you must check out the sparkly poi discussion we had not too long ago.... here's the link:

[Old link]

I'm just finishing off a new, durable sparkly poi design that I'm gonna test for the first time this weekend... I'll post pics and tell all about how it went. My gallery has some pretty neat photo's with my original sparklies.

Good luck! and relax... come on, it's just burning metal wink

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....