poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I have the orange beaming poi and I love'em but my question is when are they going to start making other colors.Like green or blue or white beamers but with those color lights.I know I could just use globalls but they are way to expensive and not made for swinging.Same thing with the electroglo.They would both benefit from having a wider array of colors.Hook me up man!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey 22, I forgot to compliment you (or maybe I didn't) on putting the different colored photons on the end ring of your beaming poi. It looked right bitchin'. I actually got excited for a second (They make different colored beaming poi now?!) til' I figured out what you did.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I guess asking to up the voltage would be out of the question than?Hey if you did though I would buy'em though I guess that's not really good incentive too.Well thanks for explaining why they don't come in other colors.

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
Maybe the manufacturers could make them to accept 9V (Rectangle) batteries..

shoddygoodsmember
18 posts

Posted:
i understand what your saying about the voltage thing, that a AA = 1.5 volts so that the two = 3v which is good for red and not so good for others but has anyone thought about using a sub size battery? i'm not sure where off the top of my head to get them but i know they make AAs in 1/3 lenght and 2/3 length sizes.
it would knock down the run time a bit but using the existing beaming poi body you could vary your voltage and to run other colours.

i also have another mod idea i'd like to try to the existing beamers if i could come up with the money to buy a set. if i'm right in my thinking it would be a piece of cake to give them a bit more variety. if only the housing was more neutral like white or smoke coloured.

(if someone wanted to send me a pair i'd be more that happy to return the favor by sending a mod kit or posting how i did it....)