adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
OK, call me crazy (go ahead, I'll wait). I decided to make up some double-meteors. I've never done meteors or double-staff, so this is a lot to get used to.They're about 55" each, including the beanie-baby dummy wicks I've put on each end, and made of ball-chain.So far I can kinda do some one-handed quasi-staff like maneuvers, but things start going south when I try to get both hands involved. But I think I'll get there, and it'll be cool.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Adam, can youplease clarify what you mean by double meteors?Is it one meteor with two wicks on each end (since a meteor is one long chain with one wick on each end)?Or do you mean one meteor in each hand, like double staves?I'm sorry. blush I just didn't quite understand.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I really must stop thinking! I reckon my ideas department is leaking.It's happened b4. I came up with a cross staff thing then read the next day how adamrice was working on one.Now my meteors idea has got loose.

Meh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
One meteor in each hand. Sort of like double staves, only much floppier.In my one practice session to date, I focused mostly on just doing one-handed stuff with one hand while I held the other meteor in the other. I can see lots of fun stuff coming out of this--*if* I get good at it.Oh, and Cantus--you aren't the first to think of a cross, and if it's any reassurance, I haven't really made any headway with mine.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, but it wasn't a normal cross, kid. It was a single staff that turns into a cross. I was musing over it in a thread. Not giving any ideas away and you came along and said "hey what about a single staff that....."------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
At least I think it was you.... wink tongueMy mind isn't what it used to be. ------------------C@ntus

Meh

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
You know, a, uh, what shall we call this, meteor cross, or like, I know, "floppy cross", would be fun smileI love that... it's just how I think of meteors... staff, but, well, floppier! grin

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Blackbird, go to bed.------------------C@ntus

Meh