DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Hi,I have seen many different types of Poi, glow poi and fire poi. I have a pair of poi from Spain called "Kiwido" I have never seen anyone with the same kind. They are velvet flat bean bags with multi colored streamers about 1.5 metres in length attached to them. They are a pain in the ass to use for certain tricks because of the streamers.. but they look so pretty in the mexican wave, and I usually get a few 'rollers' staring at me during raves.Wondering if anyone has seen these? I also have traditional Poi with short kite material tails on them. Easier to practice with!------------------DTKB :}

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think I know what you meen, I got a friend who bought some like that from a shop in Lyon, she was really unhappy with them because she was a begginer but they made great noises.:-)ps, I woulod not advise the shop, the most surly keeper I ever met (should have been in paris, and some ridiclious stock)

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Yeah ! I have them too and bought them ine the "white elephant " shop in Madrid smileWell, first you can take the tails off which is good for practice, second they don't hurt cause they are made of soft material (and that is precious for beginners) BUT I must say that tangle all the time which is very annoying!! third... kids just LOVE to watch them and I love to watch kid's shiny eyes ..... having said that, I still must say that I have them but NEVER use them. Just carry them with me so that beginners can try them if they want...Anyway, I suggest you take a look at www.buzzpoi.com they are a lot better quality, that is for sure !!!Europhile, I am sorry to hear what you say cause it looks like you are talking about a shop owned by some friends of mine and am honestly surprised that you did not like them / the shop. Well... that's life Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 03 September 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"