• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Sidge Rushton

Total posts: 1

I am extremely interested in learning Bolas (apologies if there is already a thread on this but I did a search and couldn't find anything definitive) and was wondering if anyone on here had any advice or information.

I am from the UK and was wondering if anyone knows a place where I could take lessons? Also I would like to know if anyone knows of somewhere I could buy bolas or what materials from home of poi would be best to construct my own.

Any comments or information on bolas in general is also very welcome.

ABOB - Pois'n'us
Total posts: 175
Posted:when i first read this i thought you meant rola bola (was typing about just grabbing some thick pipe and a plank of wood) but did a quick google to check if there was anything else and wiki suggested this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas
in which case im thinking you should look at rope dart. as a estimated guess, if you use the same set up for making the fire rope dart (ie a detachable head) but attach a set or meteor poi at the the centre then you can get a 2 headed version, the 3 headed version might be easier made by making 3 normal poi and then tying the handles together and then attaching them (though now im thinking you could make them using a plait without needing to make it detachable

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh