Forums > Social Discussion > What are you doing for new year?

Login/Join to Participate

GaiaSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
hej everybody!
im so bored, i decided to make a new topic, but ive had no better idea than ask you where youll be, and what youll be doing dec 31 at midnight:)
im going out with my boyfriend, and his friends...you?
have fun! biggrin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
My friend has a party barn and holds an adult only bash every year.
He has a projection tv and several small tv's that he shows p0rn on all night, until the ball drops, then that comes on.
DJ and live bands, tonnes of food and cheap alcohol. It makes for an awesome night.

Oh, and did I mention it's themed so we all have to go in costumes. This year the theme is "Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes". I haven't decided if I want to be the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio or Jill from Jack and Jill yet (I have both costumes). If I do Jill, PWB will be Jack. My "lil bro" is going as the Three Blind Mice and another friend is going as Jack Skelington (sp?) which *really* makes me want to go as Sally but I dunno if I could make the costume in time.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
The nearby town of Exmouth has a townwide fancy dress drink up, so I'll probably do that. Not sure what to dress up as though, all suggestions are welcome.

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking I'm going to be sick with a head cold

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
it's going to be 41deg here so POOL PARTY!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

GaiaSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
:O lukcy you!! but thats no traditional new years party with snow etc:P bet youll have fun anyway...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
nope i beg to differ! NYE is supposed to be stinking hot! Preferably near a beach!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Going to watch the fire works on the banks of the Thames with all my friends from uni, then coming back to the flat here for a massive party smile

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I have a history test on December 31st. So I'll probably do something, but half my friends will be dating their history books as their test is on Jan 2nd ubblol

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
synergy centre in London on NYE: bought a ticket today and I'm still trying to persuade people to go!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

GaiaSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
haha you have to be really unlucky to have a history test at ny...good luck!!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i *still* dont have plans, despite it being new-years-eve-eve.. not sure if ill do anything huge, ive got to be up for work at 6am on new-years-day..

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Stilts, fire stuff and angle grinding in the wildlands that be Hereford. Arbitrary Gregorian name changes are just an excuse to double my fee as far as I'm concerned...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hereford you say Nigel? Are you a local or is a there an event you;re performing at? (I'm local you see)

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr_Chutney

Hereford you say Nigel? Are you a local or is a there an event you;re performing at? (I'm local you see)

No, I'm not local (though I did spend a summer at Hope-Under-Dinmore in the dim and distant past...), I'll be travellling down from Manchester especially to work at "Dusk" on Commercial Road. Joy.

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Oh lord! Really? I used to go there in my late teens (then it was "Marilyns"). I hope it all goes OK:)

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
it will be mine and my boyfriends 2nd annivarsery so hopefully he's planned somthing. ubblove ubblove

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
Spending mine with a bunch of pirates smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
my plans fell through last night frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
https://www.thesynergycentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=110

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Drank Lambrusco (mmm) laid down for a bit and then played cards at bf's friends apartment with the landlord and his gf.

Oh and the bf dropped my phone in the toilet and it died

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
my right ear drum exploded so I didn;t do anything really :s

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Been busy working a gig for the 5* Taj Holiday Village in Candolim (stilts and fire) till 1am, after which I visited the loose ends of a trippy new years party till 5am...

Been different, but I liked it smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink