Forums > Social Chat > What are your bad habits?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well as Im sitting here reading through some posts, checking out the staff moves, biting my fingernails, it got me wondering .... surely other people have these annoying bad habits like I do (including biting my nails).So yeah whats yours?Mine include:- biting my nails right back til i can bite no more, then i keep trying.- This "jaw thing" that Flash hates that i get in the morning at parties (hmmmm might have something to do with the night before exploits)

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

krystiemember
22 posts

Posted:
What we need here is a Nail Biter's Support Group grinI used to be one, but then I figured out why- I couldn't stand any ridges or anything, to the point of being obsessive-complusive. This sounds mildly stupid, but now I carry a file everywhere with me, keep clear nail polish on at all times, and voilà! It took awhile, but I broke the habit, because I don't want to chew off my nice long nails.But anyway. When I first read this topic title I thought it was going to be about bad twirling habits. I have two of those. One is learning a move in only one direction. Since I'm strongly left-handed, it's hard for me to reverse things. And two is trying to make all my friends learn to spin. tongueAs for other bad habits, put my name on the paranoia list..I also tend to start things and never finish. Like wanting to learn a new musical instrument, without mastering the ones I already own.Kristen

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Here! Here! Pele, I have to say I suffer from these bad habits too:'I look at situations from many perspectives to the point where I end up confusing myself!’‘I procrastinate and then have an anxiety attack trying to get things to fall into place'In fact on two occasions this year, I have been so stressed that I have ended up with a kidney infection. Mind you I did in the end manage to solve the problem, but it’s nearly always to the detriment of my health.SO I guess I am a stress freak. I’m only 22, but I am probably destined for heart failure, or mental breakdown. Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
umm not really got many...I do tend to mumble, but I have other friends that mumble, and we understand each other fine...it is just other people that have problems understanding us!!!Procratination...I get caught up doing shit that I should do some other time!!------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
well apart from nail biting and drugsi tend to play too many mind gamesmanipulate fr my own goodpush people awaydebate with people i don't like (although i might have similar opinions)get tempted too easily to do all things forbidden winkask frineds uncomfortably private questionsask complete strangers ridiculasly absurd questionswear daggy clothesand... i don't like huggingwow! i sound like a complete and utter bastard! maybe we could start a 'good habits' post. grini have lots of good habits too though, (don't give me that look) no really i do. beth

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
oh yeah and i swear too much :P

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am adding to mine.... I realized that once my procrastinating is actually me working on one thing to avoid working on something else, leading to the fact that I am a workaholic (but only on things I love to do).However, if I am not doing it, then I am thinking about it, reseaching, organizing, blah,blah,blah.....I do not know how to relax. And it drives WB crazy! grin Though he is slowly making me realize the benefits of relaxation!...much less stress!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
I forget everything I don't like. Not just intentionally, but a lot of responsibilities go unmet because I heard about them and summarily forgot them.I burp if I feel like it and scratch where it itches (I don't think either is too bad, but try talking to girls about it)

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Complete and total paranoia! *glances over shoulder*Santantwo, you mean that *gasp* they are after you too?!? We have to do something about this!I have been wearing a tin-foil cap for 3 1/2 months now, because they are trying to triangulate my BRAIN WAVES, man! They won't STOP! I looked up at the sky last night and I could make out the light of a satelite that was looking dead at me!I don't think that they are on to me quite yet, but they are close. They don't know that I have the Supreme Cypher of the Universe on PAPER! In my closet! HAHA! Bastards! OH SHIT!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE! They will read everything! They know where I am now. Guys, seriously, tell them I left for Guam. I went there to study snakes. You have never heard of me before.Oh, damn, where is my shiny hat.....------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Oh, yeah. Staying up too late and turning into a general idiot.I am also a bit of an asshole sometimes. But in a good way. OK, so maybe not. Stupid people just piss me off.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I got busted procrastinating once winkFunny how masticating and procrastinating are taking over the thread grin krystie was right about the clear nailpolish thing - do that and you will stop biting your nails, that and the fact that I chipped my tooth biting my nails helped me stop.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I tend to:-not do my homework and get distracted easily-random swearing at the keyboard for the evil enter sticky key.-Play my music to loud in earphones that I cant' even hear myself typing-Getting major migranes after a long lecture from parents or in a note taking session *ugh* those are annoying

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I try to be pissed off all the time, but it is just a cover up for a scared little boy.YA RIGHT!!!!No I have a short fuse, I am starting to learn how to listen to others but that is not a bad thing its not listening thats the bad thing. I am not paranoide, everyone is really out to get me.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
I'm far too good looking, far too nice, far too good at everything and far too modest.But appart from that I'm perfect.Rob

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
hehe
- Procrastination (sp?)
- Talk about sex and ask dirty questions
- Mary Jane, Ganja, Cheeba, weed, pot, marajuana (you get the idea)
- Cuban Cigars
- Pepsi
- Martinis
- Staying up really late on hop
- Cutting class do to any of the above
- Programming in Visual Basic

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol *bump* can't believe the amount of dust on this thread!

- Setting the wrong priorities... and feeling intellectual at the same time rolleyes

- Bad girls ubbangel

- Social Discussion mad2

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Nice.

Smoking things you "shouldnt"
mom jokes
crude and sometimes tastless jokes
pulling hair incessantly (they all come around to it eventually)
ruining a sure thing.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Travelling with too much stuff... eek

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
How old school is this thanks frenzie !. ( a very beautiful pixie ) mines is im too hard on myself (apparently ?) .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Tea flavoured syrup

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hm.. I nail bite,
I sound like I'm not sure about things when I am,
I'm generally really early for things (and if you think that's not a bad habit, try turning up several hours early for job interviews, or for meeting friends you *know* are going to be late..)
I make weird noises in my throat, without knowing I'm doing it, drives my Mum nuts..
Um, I could probably add to this, but then I'd get all depressed biggrin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hamamelis

I make weird noises in my throat

I know exactly what noises you mean - I do it too sometimes. frown
and theres nothing you can do about it either. frown

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I bite my nails and the skin on the end of my fingers too.

i also eat raw pasta all the time if it's around and sometimes raw rice. I think it's related to biting my nails, just something else to gnaw on. Any other raw pasta eaters out there?

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
Not a nail biter myself.. but hers my sin list..
- i have no follow thru
- I'm usally late or if i don't want to do some thing I'll just not turn up at all
- i smoke too much
-if i fall for someone i want them to be happy and let then do what ever they want.. but i get pissed when they don't call ( coz they are in a drug fueled coma on the floor)
- i can't lie and i take cr@p from no one, not even my employers hence i have had a few jobs this year!

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
- starting smoking over and over again

- being too friendly and helpful (maybe good for other poeple, but not good for me)

- getting bored by people too easily (and then irritating them with my questions or comments)

- living and deciding on the basis of my moods (and mood swings)

- promiscuous behaviour

- worcaholic (even though that also gets me somewhere)

- adrenaline-junkie

- laughing out loud when I think something is funny (not good if it wasn't meant to be funny by the other person)

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
- Generally low moral fibre
- Overly friendly when drunk
- Very facetious
- Callous biter
- Laugh far too hard sometimes. Occasionally I either make the pig snort sound as I inhale post-laughter, and in exceptional cases I suffer from a kind of biological nasal explosion. very dangerous.
- Smokaholic
- Really really really bad at small talk.

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I'm... occasionally... a little bit... vague...? forgetful? ummm...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Sarcasm. Obviously. wink

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
oh i forgot.. rubbish memory and a bit of biatch ( not really habits as such .. more personality traits )

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
- I have the shortest attention span ever which often leads to me interrupting people when i really did not mean to be rude.

- zero body concentration as well except if I am training or juggling or some thing , which leads to accidentally bashing in to people/hitting boyfriend the "uncomfortable spot" and generally being unco in public situations.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I can't get the nice middle ground between talking over peoples heads and treating them like children.

It comes from all this med stuff... I try to tell someone why I'm examining their fingers, and all of a sudden these huge complicated words spurt out of my mouth.

And then I try to simplify things, but it come out like I think they're three...

So, people think I'm patronising when I'm explaining med stuff. I just can't find a good middle ground...

My other bad habit is being obsessed with my split ends... so I sit there cutting/picking them. I love cutting my own hair...

Page: