Forums > Social Chat > What are your bad habits?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well as Im sitting here reading through some posts, checking out the staff moves, biting my fingernails, it got me wondering .... surely other people have these annoying bad habits like I do (including biting my nails).So yeah whats yours?Mine include:- biting my nails right back til i can bite no more, then i keep trying.- This "jaw thing" that Flash hates that i get in the morning at parties (hmmmm might have something to do with the night before exploits)

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol... i don't *hate* the jaw thing - I find it ummmmm...err...endearing smile It just cracks me up because it's soooooo obvious :PI bite my nails. I've always bitten them. I have disgusting hands and nails and am very embarrassed about it, but can't seem to stop. I bite my nails when I'm at work on the computer and when I'm reading a book. Its a very subconscious activity - if I realise I'm doing it I'll stop.Hi, my name is flash and I'm a 23 year old bed wetter...opppss!!..no...umm...I mean nail biter wink grinI also have this nasty habit of being a bitch sometimes. wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
My bad habits include the following in no particular order....- Paranoia- Worry to much- Tendency to over-react to thingsandRE: Poi- I generally only can go in one direction, so I get dizzy after a while. smile Not that I mind getting dizzy smileAnd a side note, I don't get the "Jaw thing" as I rarely participate in the chemicals that cause it. But I do find it a little off putting. It becomes most annoying when the person is trying to talk to you, but they can't because the are just going a little to hard if you know what I mean smileHave fun smileLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~[This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 21 September 2001).][This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 21 September 2001).]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hmmm...wellllllll, I use to smoke crack..HAH HAH HAH!!! but I am feeling much better now! smile No realy, that stuff is bad for you...I know... but I never paid for it, it was always free, if that makes any diference...probably not though grinother than that....hmm current bad habits? Paranoia? No wait, I think they realy ARE watching me. Who are "they"? If you have to ask, there is no point in even telling you. I also worry to much, but it is genetic. My mom always worried about us kids. I swore I would never do the same to my kids (when I get some) but now I know I will worry just as much as my mom did about us, especial if my kids are ANYTHING like me! And I hope they will be cause I am cool wink HAH HAH HAH!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

693 posts

Posted:
Thank you for being a spell/grammer check oh holy moderatorHmm should add that to my list too smileBad habit:not reading over my posts or checking my spelling..Tisk tisk------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
frenzie are you talking about having a jaw jut or gurning....mine would have to be biting my nails when im really nervous....i dont think i have any others... smilegoafire

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
i used to bite my nails- something awfull (???)but than i got braces and now no matter how hard i try i can't...i guess it's a good thing though...peace, love and poi

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I have been biting my nails since I was 5, Im 23 now. I bite them til I bleed, then I 'peel' top layes off when I cant bite shorter any more. Its pretty bad. I stopped for a week when I got my lebret dont, and a week when I got my tounge done, but they have since healed and Im back to biting. *realizes Im biting them right now*

I smell something burning.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Bad habits hmmmmmm....--I join you guys on the old paranoia (symptom of this f-king society me thinks!)--removing of nasal blockages--but mainly being a lazy ass b@stard, siting on my ass doing nothing. that's enough for now, I'm knackered, better go have a sit down!!M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
im a nail biting, daydreaming, procrasting queen of bad habit smile------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

sphere27member
11 posts

Posted:
I bite my nails as bad as shizNOT. I have been told it is disgusting and I hate it. Yet no matter how hard I try, I find myself with a finger in my mouth. I also crack my knuckes a lot.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
i peel my nails and run my figers over my brace about 40,000 times a day... tongue

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Heh im a nail biter too. Uhhhr im way to obsessed by computers and.. um I guess i care too much about what people think of me. Also im dead skinny which is actually quite worryingly but i am actually putting on a pound a day literally.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
GOOD GRAVY! I thought "I" had problems!!! (I haven't admitted to my other bad habits...yet) no realy, you people need help... wink And that statement coming from ME is realy bad, cause I am messed up in the head. It is like ME calling someone crazy...and I am nuts. I wish I could give you all some advise that would help. Have you tried chewing gum, or maybe even a chew toy for dogs? like rawhide strips or something grin

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I only chew my index nails, which is sort of wierd, because the others get quite long (not girly, but u know) and it looks odd. I used to chew my knuckles but that really fucked them up so i stopped.I crack my knucles, wrists, knees, toes, ankles, neck, back, jaw, shoulders, and elbows, which is really bad but i cant really help it because they sort of do that anyway and get really stiff if i dont. It's giving me arthritis in my fingers though... and I'm 16. Not good.lazy, by some standards, mostly ones i set myself. I'm a workaholic, too, when it's something i'm interested in. Don't get enough sleep (4-5 hrs a night usually) because i stay up late working on something useless or reading some book or something and wake up early for no apparent reason to go to school early.oh and i'm an incredible coward. which is annoying - It's not that I'm afraid, I'm just not willing to accept the risk.Er and I'm a perfectionist. When I can be bothered. Lol.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
im also a joint cracker...(im not sure if that sounds good)ive been popping my joints since i was about 11. I also mumble alot. I thinkits because im so laid back. I try to expend the least amount of effort possible.i also try to make a joke out of everything. Im always looking for that funny angle.I curse like a sailor.and sometimes i giggle during sex...my wife hates that..<>Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

693 posts

Posted:
Yeah I am very guilty of MumblingAsk Josh he hates it, we get into all sorts of predicaments in regards to my mumbling.Giggling during sex hey SUps - hey that’s funny smile And that’s awfully honest of you to say that.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Twirl Girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Im not a nail bitter, although at one stage when I was really young, I tried to force myself to bite my nails because I felt out of place!My main bad habits include always being late, biting my lip, and being excessively loud around guys Im attracted to...Oh yeah and I used to smoke, but after doing so for 7 yrs I have been smoke free for 3 months now, although I still smoke OCCASIONALLY...------------------Lisa

Lisa

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Mumbling! I do that too.Ive tried very hard to stop the nail biting, u know using the bad tasting polish and stuff...but it dont work. ...And Goafire...i have no idea what u mean :PIts from clenching and grinding...causes me to get great big holes in my cheek where ive chewed (ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

MadGirlBettymember
13 posts

Posted:
My bad habit is making that clicking noise with your tongue... like they used to teach on Playschool and stuff. I usually only do it when I'm bored or it's too quiet.

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I have a bad habit of going off and staring into space or just daydreaming. All my teachers get mad. I also have a bad habit of forcing people to try breakdancing moves just to see them mess up. It's really funny, yall should try it some time.------------------Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Wasting my life away playing RPGs... grin

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I have a bad habit : I am french winkthat includes eating various disgusting things such as : frogs, snails, stinking cheese that would murder a fly.I can be paranoid as hell. And I am definitely riding a constant emotional roller coasterI crack any bone jonction I encounter in my body. I bite my nails and... get ready for the big yeeeeeeeerk... After a hot bath, I even bite my toes ' nails ... Flash, I personnaly think you are hilarious when you are being a bitch for as far as i know winkMarlboro, love your way of describing the nosa bad habit one , very precise and scientific !!!Supe, I think your ability of making a joke out of any situation is a blessing, not a bad habbit...Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
There are alot of people who bite their fingernails here aren't there?Add my name to the list, I bite mine as far as they'll go when I'm reading or using the computer.I also leave the toilet seat up smile[This message has been edited by TheBovrilMonkey (edited 25 September 2001).]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
bad habits?mine are psychological.I tend to set extremely high expectations on people and then get upset when they go unfilfilled...I'm trying to learn to 'allow' ppl to be themselves smile(I do the same thing with myself...but sometimes it pays off)Josh

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Spending all day on here when I should be working.Thinking how when I get home I'm gonna practice poi all evening, then getting home and heading straight for the pub instead.Planning on giving up smoking while actually accelerating my tobacco intake daily.Falling in love at the drop of a hat.Falling in love with the wrong person.Falling in love at inconvenient moments.Falling in holes when very drunk.Getting rid of any money I have as quickly as possible before it can corrupt me.Allowing myself to be led into morally questionable activities by my peers.Always thinking, never doing.PS Please stop talking about nail-biting it drives me nuts!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am hyper-critical on myself. I am never good enough. It drive Whipping Boy and my other friends crazy...and I count it as a habit instead of a personality trait because I know how to stop it I simply don't.I am perpetually late by 5 to 15 minutes. Enough not to miss anything but enough to piss people off.I let my car gas tank get down to almost empty before I refuel. And I am one of those aggressive drivers that people curse at.I look at situations from many perspectives to the point where I end up confusing myself!I procrastinate and then have an anxiety attack trying to get things to fall into place (I thrive under pressure) though I am trying to stop that! smileOther than that...I am perfect! (j/k) grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
I used to bite my nails, untill i got acrillics put on so now everytime I go to bite them i think of how much money i had to pay for them. But I'd have to say the biggest bad habit I have is procrastination, that and smoking._______________"Come with me to a land of fantasy take my hand down into techno wonderland."

Its not easy being green....

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i knew i had more...so i asked around...Im late all the time. Like Pele 10-15 minutes. I can easily wake up on a beautiful saturday morning, walk in to the living room, and lay back down on the couch and waste the entire day watching b-grade movies and playing playstation.I chew on straws. Ever since i was little. Im chewing on a red one now.I tend to use my x-ray vison on good looking women shocked grinAnd thankyou Cassandra. Youre such a sweetie... [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Superman------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
frenzie...they are terms over here (uk) for people on ecstacy...gurning; when some on xtc grinds their teeth or rolls their tongue around their mouth more usually teeth tho...jaw jut; is when at a point through the night of being quite bolloxed(really quite fucking high) and ur jaw starts shaking quite rapidly like shivering but without the teeth clicking noise...goafirep.s. not everyone does this...but some do..(just thought id add that so no-one got annoyed at me)[This message has been edited by GoaFire (edited 25 September 2001).]

space cadetmember
19 posts

Posted:
Heh.I bite my nails, but I tell myself it's just so I can play keyboards without the clicking noise.I can worry a lot and not be able to sleep.I can also take out worries on others and not realize 'til later that it had absolutely nothing to do with them. Hate that about myself- fortunately I'm getting better and people usually forgive me for it.Hey, super- I dunno that giggling during sex counts as a bad habit... just means you're having fun, right? One of my exes did that and I thought it was really cute...(blush)

Page: