Forums > Meet Others > Poi in Cornwall \ (Nr Plymouth, Devon) - Indoor \ Outdoor with Tunes

Login/Join to Participate

gbarlow5member
35 posts

Posted:
wavehello Morning all,

We are planning to hold little poi meets just over the water from Plymouth in Cornwall, it is an indoor venue (a old army base overlooking the Plymouth sound) with a nice big room - high ceilings, another room with tables for sitting down and chilling out in, music to poi to, toilets and an outdoor area where we can have a burn!

Some of you may already know the place as it is where the Maker Sunshine Festival is held in the summer (www.maker.ik.org

This site has great potential and could be used for a weekend event as there is plenty of space for camping to.

Well we finally got round to speaking to the right people, its only taken us since November and we can have it any night except Thursday and all we need to find between us all is a £5 for costs ...

It will be at Maker Heights between Millbrook and Cawsand

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=50.3426&lon=-4.2008&scale=10000&icon=x

If you goto the above link you and click ariel you can see a photo of the place and if you zoom out you can see the roads leading to it. (Over Torpoint Ferry) follow signs to Millbrook \ Cawsand about 8 miles from Plymouth.

If anyone is interested then post on this thread or contact me via my email

Gruff gruffta@hotmail.co.uk

bye

EDITED_BY: teknonket (1137769753)

-- WHEN FEEDOM IS OUTLAWED, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL BE FREE

-- Tom Robins

acidtripSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
hey just moved down ta plymouth n looking 4 ppl 2 spin wiv so am up 4 it. is it easy ta get to from plymouth center?

if it doesent burn try harder

gbarlow5member
35 posts

Posted:
It is if you have transport just about a 10-15 min drive from the other side of the Torpoint ferry

-- Tom Robins

acidtripSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
ah thats my downfall dont drive, freind might be able ta if shes got her car or will have ta find out about bus times

gbarlow5member
35 posts

Posted:
Busses are pretty slack round are way, there is a bus back to Plymouth at around half eleven from just down the road from the site, as for getting over I can pick people up from the Cremyll ferry (last one 6:45 weekdays during the winter) or from the Torpoint ferry. Would offer a lift back but I'd probably want a beer while I spin.

-- Tom Robins

acidtripSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
seems all gud ta me

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Is this a reguarly thing, as i sometimes make my way down to plymouth to meet my family smile And it would be awesome to meet some spinners in Plymouth and chill ubbrollsmile

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

acidtripSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
let me know wen ya next down dude n maybe we can all meet 4 a spin

BrynSILVER Member
68 posts

Posted:
ditto

lucygillmonMember
1 post

Posted:
Hi there

I am looking for someone to teach me poi and ideally staff to. I am based in Plymouth. Can anyone help. Please email me lucygillmon@gmail.com
Thank you