Forums > Social Chat > Where do you practice your spinning?

Login/Join to Participate

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
Just to get some ideas you know, It'd be interesting to see where everyone likes to practice their spinning.

I'd love to go out and spin outside all the time. But unfortunately, the weather in good old britain is looking a bit grim. And I don't have the space at home to spin anything. So is there any particular place for you to go when it's not looking peachy outside?

Thanks
Stu
(Spin Doctor)

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Basement, garage, dance studio, Juggling Club studio, living room....work on other manipulation arts that are more compact...outside in a warm rain, bundle up in a light snow....
Anywhere I can!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I spin outside in most weather. But of course hte weather is far more changeable in Berkshire so i can fully understand why you can't go outside.

Is Newbury close enough to London to make you water soluble? Like those can't spin if it rained today Londoners?

Meh

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Fortunately, the weather in California is gorgeous and warm, except recently, it has been pretty rainy. Most of the time I enjoy practicing alone in my "backyard" which isn't really a yard...just miles and miles of open forest...part of Big Basin Redwood State Park. I never lite up tho because of a potential fire. I have to hit the beach.

The worst is the fire conclave practice in an ugly cement parking lot surrounded by a chain link fence and the neighborhood prostitutes which occasionally watch

Personally, I prefer fresh air and lots of beautiful, peaceful, natural elements ......oooh, and killer music too!

The experience of learning is living.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
rain is wet, so i spun inside today.

only broke one lightbulb and tripped the electrity once today. What's 60p for a bit of glass amongst friends?

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
i like to practice in dark rooms... with differnent colored strobe lights shining everywhere
Non-Https Image Link
everyone wearing bright colors,people looking at me thinking i am the best thing that they have ever seen
Non-Https Image Link
someone passing me up a water bottle as i break a sweat
Non-Https Image Link

the awsome sound over the speakers... water bottles on the floor.... (sigh)i miss those days...
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Its not easy being green....

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
If I'm trying to learn a new move or work on something specific I practice in my bed room with shortened chains. If I just wanna play I go out onto the roof of spar below my apartment or go to a park cause I've no garden. I tend not to go out into the rain though.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
well if its sunny i go to a clearing in the woods but its not often sunny so i just move everything out of my lounge and hope i dont smack something, or even better do it in someone elses lounge he he

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
If it's not so pleasant outside no problem. I just stay inside. It's easy when you have 25ft high celing.
I can even throw a diablo inside

So much fire, so little body hair...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Anywhere I gte the chance....
College and Outside Abes on a Fri Sat nite.
College = Jeering n ppl takin piss
Abes= Lokkin OK until sum1 else capable of more than weaves, butterflies etc decides 2 nik me poi n show off.
Oh well.

JollyGreenGiantmember
44 posts

Posted:
I practice with a broomstick in my bedroom, tonight we went out to the Kintai Bridge, it was a really cool location. Beach made up of rocks about the size of tennis balls (mostly flatish) with a "Dragon Style" bridge in the background (lots of short arches) and the moon high in the sky. Unfortunately none of the pics show the bridge very well. None the less, very cool.

-Eric
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey...

crazy_frenchmember
60 posts

Posted:
For practice fire poi, I go where my step carries (?)me!
And, when I find a place who inspire me, I establish me it!!!

la tite fan de k's choiceI close my eyes and I try to see a piece of paradise in me....

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
Several places....

In my front yard (even at night I draw a nice crowd of 'wee ones' and neighbors...

One of my hometown's lovely parks *another crowd drawing place)

Or, if I ache for solitude, a national park that's about 35 miles away...It's called the "Sandhills" because it is literally a sand-dune desert in West Texas...walk for 10 minutes and you'd swear you were in the Sahara...it's amazing to spin, juggle, or blow there at night!

And when it rains *(which is RARE here in the Texas desert) I spin in the garage...

Peace

Arcane

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

ardenterSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Several places here too.
Outside in an open next to the forest, other people's houses, inside my home, stores (where I can pick something up to use while shopping).

Also lucky enough to be well known and liked at nearly all the local clubs here, so I get lots of floorspace.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I practice in Aotea Square, a big open concrete area in the middle of central Auckland.

And for some bizarre reason, people keep throwing money in my hat!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
That might be because you're resting it on the ground Charles try leaving it on your head next time?

In winter (brrrrr) i practice on my driveway ` Im very fond of driveways, especially mine, as it is conveniently located next to my home, which allows for a quick escape, should it start to rain.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the ideas! Lovely and interesting to know where you lot practice.

There was one occassion where a large group of local spinners all gathered in a big park here where I live. Quite a crowd was drawn!

It seems to be a bit of a fad here. I haven't picked them up for ages - not had much time with my A levels coming up. But hell, I could incorporate it into my band's stage act? Could be amusing!

Thanks all!
Stu
(Spin Doctor)

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

leprechaunmember
9 posts

Posted:
i prefer my backyard (mmm...roomy)
it's especially fun when i turn on the irish jig music full blast at night and spin with glowsticks. the looks from the neighbors are priceless.
as far as rain goes, i've never thought to try spinning in the rain, and my house is too small and crowded for it, so we'll see how that goes.
i'm still looking for a place to put my hat down though, since i've already gotten good enough to draw lots of attention and applause. (too broke to buy more toys!)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin