Page:
Phyzeriummember
38 posts

Posted:
I've heard alot of trance in my days, but i know there is so much more out there.. Some of my favorite stuff is by Hallucinogen, Dj Irene, Dj Dero...I just wantto know some good stuff to twirl to, because alot of the trance i have is just a we bit too fast to keepa good flow with....

Pain is pleasure.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Shucks Josh, I'm blushing.I'm sadly departing Japan in July, but the crowd who organise dance parties here and the cool Nu-Nrg DJ would be happy to show you what it's all about.I love raving in Akita. The people work bloody hard to organize parties. They don't happen very often, but when they do they are stellar. Probably cause the crowd is so enthused and not jaded like the rest of us ravers.Guess that Nu-Nrg needs to be Nu-Improved -NRG. I hope you find your rave. Much, much respect right back at yaKatP.S: Check out Yoji at Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005AA8N/qid%3D989480813/103-3188060-9595027------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
My last rave i went to was HEY DJ here in Houston. And DJIrene was there. She spun a pretty equal mix. It was HArd house at the beginning, then it went trance-like for the later half....all in all it was good stuff. I like to spin to all club/rave music. Ill even spin to Jungle.Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
OFFTOPIC warning!Kat said: "I hate the charts in Ireland / UK"Which made me think...Hey, Kat, Are you by any change the Kat from NI with a thing for Japanese culture who used to use the Hive bbs?Just a thought...mikeyB (formerly chinacat at the Hive bbs)

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Phyzerium, If you are looking for slower trance you may not be looking for trance at all... Shibaki did an admirable job explaining all of the subdivisions. I have recently been hooked on deep house which is slower and more base oriented than true trance. My personal fav of the moment is John Digweed's "Los Angeles." He'll spend 10 minutes on a groove before moving on. Last night I was twirling to the "Run Lola Run" soundtrack... Though the different definitions can be arbitrary and sometimes contridictory for the most part they can be useful. For example, I really like German (and Swiss German) Trance. I got hooked at "street parade" a few years back and it DOES stay pretty consistant. If I were you I'd hit up cdnow for the first 30 seconds of a few songs on some albums listed here. Find someone you like and stick with it. Most quality DJs have a definite style and will remain predictable and consistant. The absolute BEST thing to do is hit up a cd store that has listening stations and set up shop. I no longer buy music unless I've heard the whole cd twice. I also want to throw some love to those who twirl to other music. Whether you spin to Bach or the Beach Boys... it's all love.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
MikeyBSorry, different KatI'm from Ireland not Northern Ireland, I am interested in Japanese culture though and am currently living in Japan but I have never used the hive chat beforeThe other Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Page: